1996 ford f250 diesel blown fuse maxi13 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1996 ford f250 diesel blown fuse maxi13

hello, i blew number maxi 13 fuse in the engine compartment fuse box and stopped the engine. could anyone please tell me where i can get a diagram to show me what that fuse feeds.
wallacex2x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Are you sure it wasn't fuse #22? Witch is a 30 amp maxi fuse. #13 in a 50 amp maxi and controls the instrument panel fuses 5,9,and 13 in the cab. If it was the #22 witch blew the most likely cause is the fuel heater in the filter housing. You can just unplug it from the housing. If you look at the drivers side of the housing it is the middle spade type connector.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the response with my problem.the maxi fuse that i took out of location 13 wasnt a 50 amp fuse it was a 30 amp fuse. thats why i needed a diagram. i wasnt sure what that fuse location feed to where and if their is a problem what i need to start looking for. i just purchased the truck from a guy in florida and drove it home and havent had it very long
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (12)
If you blew a 30 amp maxi and not a 50 amp maxi it is for the fuel heater and glow plug controler. As I said if you unplug the fuel heater on the filter housing that is under the plastic hood on the engine you should be good to go. The heater is in the bottom of the filter housing and has a habbit of breaking loose and shorting out witch will blow the 30 amp maxi fuse for it. Once this fuse blows it will not alow the truck to start.

Here is a LINK to the power distribution box, fuse location, and what they control

Last edited by bugman; 03-02-2010 at 12:23 PM.
bugman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacex2x View Post
thanks for the response with my problem.the maxi fuse that i took out of location 13 wasnt a 50 amp fuse it was a 30 amp fuse. thats why i needed a diagram. i wasnt sure what that fuse location feed to where and if their is a problem what i need to start looking for. i just purchased the truck from a guy in florida and drove it home and havent had it very long
It is easy to confuse the locations. I agree with everyone else...if it is the 30 amp. fuse...then most likely your fuel heater inside the fuel filter canister is shorting out and blowing the fuse. Either open up the fuel filter canister and disconnect the fuel heater inside or do it on the outside. Most people just leave them disconnected without any problems.

Griz
02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

If your fuel bowl heater is shot here is the IH replacement, thank's to klhansen research. This is a better design than the Ford one, should be around $30 from IH dealer. You don't give your location, so we don't know if you need one or not. In a Cold location you need one.
99.5 F350 XLT Lariat 4X4 4R100 4.10 DW CC LB Centurion conversion Garret Turbo, Radio SD &Tape, SP Performance 40-60-80 chip, 100 Gal.Transfer Flow W/Trimax Control Aux. fuel tank. ScanGaugeII, Boost, EGT, Trans. Temp. Oil Temp. Build date 03/99

92 F350 7.3 IDIT E4OD CC LB dually Banks turbo US Gear O/U

Have AutoEnginuity W/Ford enhanced. Lima OH area.

My mind works lightening fast.
One Flash and it's gone forever.

Last edited by Bill1013; 03-02-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: your location
Bill1013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

yeah you guys are right i was looking at it backwards. i see now what your saying. the truck was in florida where i purchased it now its new home is in delaware. a little colder climate. the heater has a single connector that hooks it up? i unplugged a wire that hooks to the side of the filter bowl and it appears to have diesel leaking out of the connector? am i at the right location? guys this is my first diesel so this is all new to me, so get use to a lot more questions coming. all the help is greatful
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacex2x View Post
yeah you guys are right i was looking at it backwards. i see now what your saying. the truck was in florida where i purchased it now its new home is in delaware. a little colder climate. the heater has a single connector that hooks it up? i unplugged a wire that hooks to the side of the filter bowl and it appears to have diesel leaking out of the connector? am i at the right location? guys this is my first diesel so this is all new to me, so get use to a lot more questions coming. all the help is greatful
On my 1995, it is the top spade connector on the drivers side of the fuel filter canister. If in doubt take the fuel filter canister lid off and look inside. You should see where the fuel heater hooks to the inside of the canister. You should be able to tell if you removed the right connector. If it is leaking fuel from the connector you'll have to look into fixing that. I have no experience doing that but other on the site have.

Griz
02 F250, 4X4, 4R100, 3.73, B&M Transmission Pan, Edge CTS Digital Gage, Tymar 4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake & HPX & TS 6 Position Chip. IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, RiffRaff AIH delete plug, Riffraff FRx Kit. 6.0 Transmission Cooler. Dieselsite Coolant filter & Transmission filter & 203 Thermostat & WW2 & TurboMaster & inter-cooler boots. BD CCV filter. Driven Diesel Fuel Tank Mod & Pre-Pump Filter. John Wood's valve body.
Griz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

If it's the heater just eliminate it. Even if it's 10 below you don't need it. I know for sure one thing I *don't* need and it's that piece of junk rattling loose in 75mph traffic on the interstate and blowing a fuse. Thankfully by the good grace of God, mine has failed twice and both times were right in my driveway. I'm not going for 3 in a row, so mines out of the circuit and has been for a couple years now.
1997 F350CC, 4x4, PSD Tipper pro kleenex open filter. Roggen 6" lift kit with 26" ratflex 12" offset tires. Downpipe cut and welded to adapt 3" into a 12" outlet. 12" muffler cut and adapted to 2", then a special turbo manifold from a volkswagon modified to flank out to 3" to the tail pipe. Interior from a Corvair modified by cutting 6" off the padding. Snize and snide 32gallon aux tank mounted in rear seat, rear seat relocated to bed. Bed shortened to 4ft.
RonKZ650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

The fuel heater is a gov mandated useless device. Its' stated purpose is to heat gelled fuel to allow it to pass through the filter. And it doesn't work for that.
Evel486 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

thanks again guys. i am going to disconnect it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.