97 crew cab window wont go up - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
97 crew cab window wont go up

my drivers side rear window wont go up using either up/down switch(drivers side front or the one one that door). it will go down just not up. even tried turning truck off and back on to reset the switch,no help. tried pulling up on it while pressing switch just to get it going. what to look at first? is there a way to get it up manually till i can find out what is wrong with it ang get parts?
shimmed w/ calif. kit, 10k mod, ported snorkel,hypermax downpipe,ps2000 propane
45hp superchip,pcm code TDE1, TEXAS TROPHY HUNTERS decal!!
looking for hunting opportunities in the north mississippi area or s/w tennessee, deer and hogs , let the littles ones walk
missplaced texan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just had a similar problem. I pulled the drivers switch controll and found one of the connections a little crooked. I went to straiten it and it fell off broken. I pulled that switch took a short pc of wire and soldered it to the pole and shrink wrapped it. Put it back togeater and put a quick connect on that wire back to the original wire. Works fine now
Old 09-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
I had the same problem with my rear windows. I sprayed lube around the contacts and cleared it right up. I only need to get some silicon spray now for the channels so the windows wont bind when rolling up.
K&N Air Filter
f350fiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f350fiver View Post
I had the same problem with my rear windows. I sprayed lube around the contacts and cleared it right up. I only need to get some silicon spray now for the channels so the windows wont bind when rolling up.
I had the binding problam but only when it rained. I put a set of window vents on and it cured the problem. i was going to put vents on anyway as i olways have the window down a bit and was tired of getting wet in the rain
Old 10-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

ok my window will go down and took door panel off , hot wired the switch backwards and windows goes up no problem , so window motor is good . de activated window till i can trouble shoot again. so harness that plugs into switch is good going to the motor and the switch is hot when pressed in both the up or down positions. it wont work from the actual door or the drivers door control panel . where else should i look. thanks
shimmed w/ calif. kit, 10k mod, ported snorkel,hypermax downpipe,ps2000 propane
45hp superchip,pcm code TDE1, TEXAS TROPHY HUNTERS decal!!
looking for hunting opportunities in the north mississippi area or s/w tennessee, deer and hogs , let the littles ones walk
missplaced texan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
the switch, both local, and master are reversing polarity resting at ground,

so if you tested and have power at both motor wires when the switch is pressed and the motor is still good,

then in sounds like you have lost the ground path on one of the wires,

(the one that shows 12volts when the switch is pressed to roll the window down) would be the one that needs to maintain its ground path when rolling UP.
1995 F350 PSD,CC,LB,E4OD,4WDw4:10LS
IDM Corrosion
Underdash Gauge Pod
Front Tow Hooks
STurbo90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.