The Diesel Stop banner

Bad Injectors?

845 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  narmalee 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 1997 f350 7.3 ZF5 with 361xxx miles. 2 days ago i went to go start it to go to work early in the morning to go to work (about 30 degrees) and truck started up beautifully. went to work, finished, and went to go start my truck and it barely started and was definitely missing hard at about 400 rpms and when i would press on the gas pedal i could barely get the truck to 1000 rpms. Truck has a brand new fuel fliter and CPS and just changed the oil and use fuel additive religiously. Im thinking the injectors when out, (injectors are stock) but i was wondering if it could be something else? truck would smoke but only at night w/ headlights behind me when really on the throttle. other than that the truck has always started and ran perfect until just now. I just dont know if its normal from injectors to go from (what i think) is running perfectly fine to complete failure and having to get the truck towed home. Thanks

#2 ·
Might be off but I'm leaning more towards ICP sensor. Try running the truck with the ICP unplug see if it smooth out and still acting up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.