Brakes Applied Truck Pulls Right. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brakes Applied Truck Pulls Right.

Truck just started pulling to the right the other day when I apply the brakes. Trying to see if anyone has any insight to help determine if one of the calipers is bad or possibly a brake line collapsing. Any help would be greatly appreciated as want to get it corrected. Thanks in advance.
My Truck '97 F350 CC LWB 4x4 XLT, 5spd, 4.10's, TYMAR Open Element System, Calif. Reg. kit, WD Downpipe, Dual Bypass Filter, Amsoil from front to back. Reverse Shackle Kit, Rancho 9000's.TSP 4page 75hp Chip, TYMAR HX Mod.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: Brakes Applied Truck Pulls Right.

my truck has done this too. When i got my truck aligned it helped a bit, but also want to check brake shoes and possible turn the rotars too could all be causes
1994 PSD 5 speed,3.55 gears,shimmed 70psi, Homemade Boost gauge , 2WD, 165,000 miles,3" downpipe, no exhaust,home made Tymar type intake, cab and a half,EOT mod, potentiometer instead of 10K mod runs like a champ. and some smoke!!!!!
My Pics:
http://photos.thedieselstop.com/show...at=500&thumb=1

My wish list:
-Jectors
-Chip
-4WD
-Possi
-a real set of gages
ford86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

Normally that would mean the left is stuck and not working.
Partsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Trucks been aligned and did brakes. Everything worked fine up to a couple of days ago, I do agree that there is a good possibilty that the left is the problem but trying to figure out if the caliper is stuck open or if the brake line has collapsed.
My Truck '97 F350 CC LWB 4x4 XLT, 5spd, 4.10's, TYMAR Open Element System, Calif. Reg. kit, WD Downpipe, Dual Bypass Filter, Amsoil from front to back. Reverse Shackle Kit, Rancho 9000's.TSP 4page 75hp Chip, TYMAR HX Mod.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Send a message via ICQ to bigblue Send a message via Yahoo to bigblue

Mine pulls a little if I get too much dirt up in there...have you been in a lot of dirt lately?

bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

If your rubber brake lines look cracked or swelled / blistered in any area between the inner fender and the caliper, I'd change them.
It's tough to differentiate between a stuck caliper and an internally damaged brake line without removing the whole mess, making sure you can compress the caliper with a clamp / BFPs and removing the line to make sure it is not internally damaged.

Good luck.
'86 Ranger 302/aod/8.8
'02 Focus wagon commuter
'86 Supra classic ski boat 351W PCM power
'54 Belair sedan, all original
milner351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

When a hose collapses it will usally hold the brake on and pull without the brakes being applied. Best thing to do is jack up the left and see if its easy to turn the wheel, then have someone apply the brakes a little and see it if locks the wheel. If it doesn't the caliper is stuck if it does release the brake and see if it is easy to turn again. If it stays locked open the bleeder screw, if it unlocks its the hose if it still stays lock we're back to the the caliper. If everything checks out ok, go to the right.
Partsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info, should be pretty easy to troubleshoot now that you all pointed me in the right direction. I'll post the outcome. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.