DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE CLUTCH HYDRAULICS PRE-ASSEMBLED AND BLED? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE CLUTCH HYDRAULICS PRE-ASSEMBLED AND BLED?

i give up with my clutch. who sells the pre-assembled, pre-bled clutch hydraulic systems i have heard about? i am tired of fighting with my system, either i have the wrong slave cylinder, wrong master cylinder or defective components. so far i have put two slave cylinders in my truck, the current one being from the local Ford dealer. i have installed 2 master cylinders in my truck as well, neither making a difference. i took it to Ford because i didn't think i was bleeding it right, still no change. so i'm fed up with driving with a low clutch. my clutch is good. this all started with a slave going south. replaced it with a parts store slave, CLUTCH FELT GREAT...but the slave cylinder mounting tabs were crappy, and it fell off the tranny. so at this point i am tired of messing with it and ready to pay the money to make it right...thanks in advance for the help

Josh
RattlinFord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: i give up...

Is there any type of adjustment for the clutch peddle itself. I havent messed with ford truck but on other cars I have had with hyd clutches you could adjust the rod from the peddle to the master cylinder to give you more or less peddle.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

yea, there is, sort of. i have messed with it too...no luck. that is why i am tired of messing with it. i have tried everything, even the Ford techs were stumped. so i will just replace the whole system at once and chalk this up to a "lesson learned"

Josh
1996 Ford F350 XL SuperCab shortbed 4x4, PSD, 5-speed manual, D60 swap, 6" Skyjacker (all spring) lift, 37" Super Swamper SSRs, 16x10 Ultra Stargazer wheels, South Bend Con-O-FE clutch (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!), SMFW, Tymar air intake, Swamps 150/146s, shimmed FPR, Northern Diesel Performance 4-position chip, 3.5" Hypermax downpipe, 4" Airflow exhaust, Dieselsite's BRV, Husky lo-profile toolbox, Reunel front "Import Mauler/Chevy repair kit-gotta do my part to clean-up America" DYNO'D 1 October-308.8 RWHP, 620.1 RWTQ!!...see her here www.cardomain.com/id/rattlinford
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

On my last truck, a 1983 F250 6.9L 4-speed, you could adjust the pedal engagement height by a small adjuster on the shaft under the dash. Don't know if the newer trucks have that, but it had a hydraulic clutch. When I bought it, I had a low engagement problem, so I played with it until I got it where I wanted it with that adjuster. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

Mods: Swamps tunes, Swamps 275/226's, a Gen3, a BTS, Comps, Crowers and H11's up top, S465/TN II mount kit, Custom Comp. fuel system, and an IC.

My Pictures
smokyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Have you looked under the dash at the bushing that attaches the clutch pedal to the master cylinder rod. They are notorius for wearing out. My 97 F350 had a low clutch pedal and I asked a friend at Ford about this and he sold me the parts to fix it. There is a piece that bolts to the end of the clutch pedal assembly and it has the ball, if you would call it that, that the master cylinder rod attaches to on it. There is also a plactic bushing that snaps onto the ball that holds everything inplace. When you remove the old metal piece from the clutch pedal assembly there will be splines cut into it, the new one will not have these splines in it but you will cut them in when you tighten down the nut. Attach the plactic bushing to the clutch master cylinder rod and clip it on the new ball. This worked wonders for my problem, I hope this helps you. Keith
KLager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2005, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (203)

Josh -- Would this help?

Low Clutch Engagement Check This First

Cheers from Orlando, FL! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Dave
1996 F-350 XLT CC SRW 4x4 BTS-E4OD●4L10●Tyrant Diesel chip●Hypermax H2E, intercooler, exhaust●TE-T500●7.3L Regulated Return Fuel System●215 amp generator●International water pump●Hydro-Boost●APCM 250,000 happy miles
DZLJIM 3:16
~~NTxPSA - Hold my beer and watch this.~~
DaveBey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2005, 01:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

again, thanks everyone but i have replaced EVERY part ya'll have mentioned. this is why i am SO frustrated with this system. i put a BRAND NEW S-shaped fork that the pedal bushing attaches to, ALONG with a new bushing...there is NO play there WHATSOEVER. again, i really appreciate the help, but i REALLY need to know where to buy all the new hydraulics together...

thanks
Josh
1996 Ford F350 XL SuperCab shortbed 4x4, PSD, 5-speed manual, D60 swap, 6" Skyjacker (all spring) lift, 37" Super Swamper SSRs, 16x10 Ultra Stargazer wheels, South Bend Con-O-FE clutch (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!), SMFW, Tymar air intake, Swamps 150/146s, shimmed FPR, Northern Diesel Performance 4-position chip, 3.5" Hypermax downpipe, 4" Airflow exhaust, Dieselsite's BRV, Husky lo-profile toolbox, Reunel front "Import Mauler/Chevy repair kit-gotta do my part to clean-up America" DYNO'D 1 October-308.8 RWHP, 620.1 RWTQ!!...see her here www.cardomain.com/id/rattlinford
Old 10-26-2005, 03:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rattlin,

I can feel your pain. If you have the original slave cylinder, here is what you can try. Put the slave in a vise and remove the mounting bracket. It will move 1/8 turn and slip off the ears. Do the same for the cylinder that worked good but would not stay on. Swap them out, then take it for a test drive.

Don't ask me how I know.

Bill

Gun Control: The ability to consistently hit what you are aiming at.
Graduate, UA, Mech. Eng.
arizonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

powerstrokeshop.com or from ford you can get it. do you still have the pn# i gave you? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

edit:The part # for 99+ is 2c3z-7c522-CA, I think the 94-97 hydraulic system is the same, but I'm not positive.

<font color="red">remeber what we talked about... you are using a little master to push a big slave. i believe that is where you problem lies. good luck psd brother [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] </font>

GAUGES, INTAKE, EXHUAST, SBC CLUTCH, CHIP, BDP INJECTORS, BILSTEINS, BUSHINGS...AND A WHOLE LOT MORE..

pics

B99 BIO DIESEL SUPPORTING AMERICAS FARMERS.

US NAVY

looking for an ext cab 4x4 short bed DURAMAX!!! keeping the obs of course.
1997PSD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

thanks for the help guys. as a matter of fact i DO have my old slave cylinder, the bracket was falling off of it when i removed it, so it's easy to slide off. might go buy a smaller slave cylinder today. i found out WHY the bracketry is so loose though. turns out there is a heat shield that is suppose to go on with it, but me and the parts store guy were stumped as to how it goes on. i guess that would make it fit tighter. but i would rather simply replace the bracket and be done with it. i will most likely try this today. i can always take back the slave and then go with the whole new system if i still have a problem...thanks! oh, and yes, i do still have the PN you gave me, Ryan, i have all PM's we exchanged. i just thought someone had mentioned on here about buying the whole, pre-bled system (besides you) and i was trying to figure out who said it...i thought there was just one for our trucks. have you heard of anyone using the 99+system successfully on an older truck?

Josh
Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

if it were me i would go to ford and try to compare 97 parts and the 99+ system. i dont see why it would have changed but i am not 100% sure.

GAUGES, INTAKE, EXHUAST, SBC CLUTCH, CHIP, BDP INJECTORS, BILSTEINS, BUSHINGS...AND A WHOLE LOT MORE..

pics

US NAVY

Old 10-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

josh i made a few post for you man in other places.
here what i got so far.
still waiting on an individual part number for a 99-03 master cylinder.

since your truck has what we believe to be the small older system this is what i would do.

go to ford with your system in hand. ask to see the complete or split up pieces of a 99-03 system. compare to what you have now. i am sure it will be bigger. if that doesnt't work

compare the 99-03 stuff they got to a 97 slave/master "big system". IFFFFFFF these parts seem to be the same i would buy the complete 99-03 system and be done with it.
<font color="blue"> 1997 part numbers (the big system)
E3TZ-7A564-A SLAVE
F2TZ-7A543-D MASTER CYLINDER</font>

<font color="red"> 99-03 PART NUMBERS </font>
Slave Cylinder, Clutch
F81Z-7A564-AA $31.65 (fordparts.com prices)

Here's the complete assembly, too.

Clutch Control Assembly
2C3Z-7C522-CA $100.95

<font color="green">if i can be of any more help let me know. btw if your interested i think my bigger style old slave is still good just needs little oring. and you purchasing a bigger system master you would be in business. provided a 99-03 complete system wouldn't work. </font>

in summary i dont think your clutch will work right until you have a big slave/master system or small slave/master system. trying to use your old master and new bigger slaves isa not going to work.
<font color="brown">or find someone with a 99-03 truck with a manual tranny and do some visual and measuring comparisons. i think this search would be hard unless you already know of someone. </font>

pics

US NAVY

Old 10-26-2005, 11:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

MAN! thank you for all your help. i am at the same conclusion you are. but here is the problem i keep running into. EVERY Ford dealer is telling me that there is NO other master cylinder. they keep telling me there is ONLY one. see my dilemma?

Josh
Old 10-27-2005, 08:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

remeber to ask for stuff for a 97. your original slave what was wrong with it again? they sell rebuild kits. but if you ordered one i am not sure what you would end up getting if you ordered for a 96 a big or small rebuild kit. i have bought rebuilds for my old chevy before. they consist of a new piston with orings installed.

how about the hose? is any of the braided steel torn off allowing the line to buldge?

bro if nothing works drive that thing off a cliff [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

or use a big hammer those always seem to fix things [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
good luck

pics

US NAVY

Old 10-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

well, i asked for a '97s and they told me it was the SAME. my old slave started making my clutch release right off the floor. i know it was the slave cylinder because i replaced it with a parts store one, and it WORKED...until the darn thing started falling off the truck. i will check the line, but i think it is fine. i am home sick today (the flu), so later i will run (well, drive) to the Ford stealership and look at a 99-03 system and let ya know my findings. this morning on the way to work whatever was BARELY working blew out, as i have pedal pressure now (reduced, but the pedal still returns) but VERY LITTLE clutch, not enough to shift, so the truck is rendered undrivable AGAIN. really gettin frustrated with all this. anyhow, thanks for all of your continued help!

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.