dually conversion lug studs - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dually conversion lug studs

I have a 97 f350 4wd dually i am in need of 2 lug studs that go thru the spacers for the dually wheels anyone know where i might get these thanks in advance lee
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Re: dually conversion lug studs

Is your truck a factory 4x4 chassis cab DRW or a conversion? On my conversion the lugs are unique and I haven't found them yet. Haven't looked for studs. From one of my previous posts:

"The OBS F-Super Duty lugs don't match up either and the F-350 chassis cab 4x4 lugs are the same as the F-350 2WD. Measuring with my caliper the inner diameter of a factory DRW lug nut is .499 inches and the conversion lug is .574 inches. On the outside, where you'd put an open end wrench on is .869 inches on the factory lug and 1.057 inches on the conversion lug. Height on the factory lug is 1.033 inches and .812 inches on the conversion. Truck also has Rockwell steel wheels rated at 2500 pounds each. Maybe that will help if someone else runs into one of these."

I was able to get a fixed washer lug in at Napa. I suspect they also have the studs but I've never had the need for one. You might check with www.arrowcraft.com if your truck is a conversion. They still sell the spacer/adapters and might have studs.

'96 F350 4x4 PowerStroke, auto, 4.10 gears, crew cab, XLT, DRW conversion, AIC, 502,000 miles

'02 F350 4x4 PowerStroke, 6-speed, 3.73 gears, crew cab, XLT, DRW, AIC, 223,000 miles
Diesel_Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 97 f350 4wd dually i am in need of 2 lug studs that go thru the spacers for the dually wheels anyone know where i might get these thanks in advance lee

[/ QUOTE ]

If those are very long studs that thread onto the factory studs, then pass thru an aluminum spacer...Very bad news. They were put on Centurion dually conversions including my 96 4X4. When looking for them, I was told the company that made them was sued out of business. The nut ends would gall the threads, break off, and caused some wrecks.

The hole space also fills with sand, dirt, etc in time. The aluminum warps from brake heat. They can get stuck--big time. At least a NC truck wouldn't have as much road salt and rust freezing them in the hole.
Hope that's not what your looking for. Beware, I have seen them turn up for sale unused. The liquidated inventory left over maybe floating around on e-bay at times. Sold by close out companys--as is. So beware.
If you have a photo, I can tell you if you have the time bomb type.

I went with full arrowcraft billet steel replacements. I liked the quality so well, I became a parts dist for them. If you go with a replacement adaptor, make sure of the weight rating no matter who's it is. Arrowcraft is 10.000 lbs per adapter. I don't think the other's are rated as heavy, and usually are only made from aluminum.
TC, and good luck.
POWERFLOW BY RACER X - 1997 F-350 Twin Turbo charged 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel fueled with 473 cc's of diesel plus nitrous, equipped with a Custom Built Racer X E4OD transmission making 800 r.w.h.p. on video! The first successfully Twin Turbo Charged 7.3 PSD!

Owned & sponsored by : Florida North
Racer_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

the centurion conversion studs are the ones I need i have two broken ones
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.