E4OD Fron Pump Removal - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
E4OD Fron Pump Removal

Can anyone that's removed the front pump from an E40D point me in a direction? I've got all of the retaining bolts out, and the front cover loosened up. Just cannot get it to come out. I've got the front seal removed, but not the bearing that the converter rides on. Is there a snap ring or something else I need to remove?

AllData gives a pretty good diagram, and it looks like everything should come on out as it is. Figured I'd ask before I break something though.
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: E4OD Fron Pump Removal

Checked the ATSG book. Two of the holes should be threaded so you can attach a slide hammer. Book shows a slide hammer in each. You might be able to just thread a bolt in each, and use an improv prybar technique to pull it. Doesn't show the bolt size.
JOAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (28)
Send a message via ICQ to Renegade

I'll second the slide hammer method as when we pulled mine out it took quite a bit of effort to get it out squarely with 2 slide hammers as theres a large square cut 0-ring around the OD of the pump housing that makes for a tight fit to the case.

Be careful & go slow also when reinstalling as things need to be lined up perfectly for it to fit.

Best of Luck
95 F-250 XLT,SC,4x4,TDE1,LWB,4:56's,Dana 60,E4OD(lightly tuned),Tymared,Swamped,Lifted,rear disc brakes,6 pos chipped & a pile of other odd & end mods.Trucks,Parts & Misc. Pics 05 F250 V10 too
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

gotta use the slide hammer, make sure the filter is out too.

69 mustang, 472", c/4
9 sec alky injected bracket bomber....

529" in the works as we speak
Richter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

That's what I was thinking, just didn't want to make a mess out of anything before I gave it a good wack.

Matt
Old 03-26-2005, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

If you don't have a slide hammer I think I used some angle iron against inside of the bellhousing to pull from with the two bolts. Popped her right out.

1997 F-250 HD 4x4/OR SC LB XLT PSD E4OD 3.55LS, TDE1, Baby Swamps (150/146/A), BTS Trans, BTS programming, Front and Rear Replacements, Gooseneck, Autometer Pyro, Trans Temp and Boost in Rockin' S Pod, Cab/Clearance Lights installed, Tymar style intake, 6.0 Intercooler, Tru-Cool Max tranny cooler, Warn Premium Hubs, Shimmed FPR, Gutted EBPV, Super Duty 3" DP, 4" Exhaust, 175,000 mi., 7400 lbs., 310 HP 559 TQ

Truck & Other Pics - More Truck & Other Pics

1968 IH Travelall 4x4

Work truck - 2008 F-350 6.4 PSD XL Crew Cab, Long Bed, Single Wheel, Torqueshift, 3.73LS, 4x4
AggiePSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2005, 12:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Nit

My Photos: (3)

the filter attaches to teh pump so remove it, you can take teh input shaft half way out and use it as a pry bar side to side to wiggle it out, if it will not go then a slide hammer is the only way, but you want to replace the front bushing too.
Sold to JCart , 1997 F250 FireTruck Red,CC SB,auto( Presicion TC, HD-2Tugger),5" exhaust, Swamp 140cc injectors, TWildman 4-pos chip,open air cleaner, I/C w Banks intake, ,AIC,dual electric fans,Sky mfg RSK w/ D60w/ARB locker,she's well taken care of now pictures
2004 Dodge 3500 twin turbo 525hp rocket
Nit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.