Engine misses/dies turning right - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine misses/dies turning right

Dads truck will miss while driving it and turning right...if you keep turning right it will die. If you turn any amount to the left or keep it straight it is ok. It also only happens while driving, sitting in the driveway it will not do it. So it is hard to try and watch wires or something when you driving it down the road. I saw a couple other posts about the IDM, sorry but dont remember where that is located and would the IDM from a 2000 work to try? or do we need to get a 97? Also, have changed fuel filters and added additive to the tanks. I changed the CPS using one for my 2000 and that didnt solve the problem. The only other thing i noticed is sometimes it misses/hesitates around 5-15 mph while driving straight but only if you are easy accelerating...if you get into the throttle or once you are above 20-25 mph it is ok...and doesnt do this all the time....

sorry for the long post but i wanted to give as much information as possible...

it is a 97 F350 4x4 automatic stock except for muffler delete.
97 F-250 Reg Cab 4:10 Gears Tymar Filter Missing Muffler Manual Trans
BigHeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would change the IDM . Any 7.3 IDM will work .. most likely has water in it ..

IDM location :Engine misses/dies turning right-user531986_pic45253_1283733810.jpg
Special thanks to RacerX USA

action4478 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good call, it was the IDM that has water (i assume) in it because you can hear it when you shake it..thanks again for the help
97 F-250 Reg Cab 4:10 Gears Tymar Filter Missing Muffler Manual Trans
BigHeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.