fuel tank selector valve - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel tank selector valve

ok, so this electric fuel is kicking my azz. first, i fight with the downpipe trying to seperate the exhaust. this takes an hour or so. then i break the eot sensor off fighting with the steel fuel lines that snake up the drivers side front. now, i move back to the fuel tank selector valve to see what will go wrong there. didnt have to look too hard. while removing the factory hose clamp from the return line on the valve, i broke off the nipple. great. i guess the plastic was brittle, wasnt being rough with it. well, the numbers on the valve dont get me anywhere. F5TB-9F271-AA. tried google that number, nothing. powerstrokeshop.com, nothing. lmc truck, nothing. anybody out there have any insight?

2005 F-250 King Ranch * 4X4 * 4" exhaust / 5" tip * Let the mods begin......

1994 F-250 Super Cab * 4x4 * ZF-5 * 3:55 * RDS Single Shot Stage I's* TDP 6pos chip * BDP electric fuel * BDP D-66 Turbo * IDM Mod * Hypermax 3x4" dp * Authentic Tymar intake* 7.3 Intercooler * gutted ebpv * 4" exhaust & 5" tip * LUK clutch * A-pillar pod w/ Auto Meter NV boost, pyro and water temp gauges * reverse dash lighting and hvac controls * Optima yellow top batts D75/25, both on the right side * HPO X-over mod * manually controlled gp's * cruise control mod * add-a-leaf (front) * AC mod
94strokerace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

That sucks, but I did the exact same thing tonight! Hoping to find one in the morning. NAPA shows them on their website - hope they have it.
2011 F350 CC Lariat 6.7 4x4 Tuxedo Black Loaded* ICON 4.5 inch Stage II with 4 link and Deaver Mini-Paks * OUO 5" Traction Blocks & Bars * 20" BMF Novakanes with 37x12.50x20 Nitto Trails * ICON Dual Steering Stabilizer * RECON Projectors, Mirror, 3rd brake, Cab,and Tailights * Pace Edwards Bedlocker * EPIC Door Seal Mods * AMP Research Steps * http://community.webshots.com/user/ammayernick
ammayernick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

that was not my day, everything i touched gave me a fit. oh well, mod at your own risk. i will check out NAPA too, thanks.

1994 F-250 Super Cab * 4x4 * ZF-5 * 3:55 * RDS Single Shot Stage I's* TDP 6pos chip * BDP electric fuel * BDP D-66 Turbo * IDM Mod * Hypermax 3x4" dp * Authentic Tymar intake* 7.3 Intercooler * gutted ebpv * 4" exhaust & 5" tip * LUK clutch * A-pillar pod w/ Auto Meter NV boost, pyro and water temp gauges * reverse dash lighting and hvac controls * Optima yellow top batts D75/25, both on the right side * HPO X-over mod * manually controlled gp's * cruise control mod * add-a-leaf (front) * AC mod
Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

i must be a dumb azz, cant find the valve @ NAPA online, i did find the switch in the dash however. guess i gotta call my wonderful dealership tomorrow...

Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

napa did not stock
2011 F350 CC Lariat 6.7 4x4 Tuxedo Black Loaded* ICON 4.5 inch Stage II with 4 link and Deaver Mini-Paks * OUO 5" Traction Blocks & Bars * 20" BMF Novakanes with 37x12.50x20 Nitto Trails * ICON Dual Steering Stabilizer * RECON Projectors, Mirror, 3rd brake, Cab,and Tailights * Pace Edwards Bedlocker * EPIC Door Seal Mods * AMP Research Steps * http://community.webshots.com/user/ammayernick
Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

well, to get me by and for the time being, i bypassed the selector valve by plumbing straight to the tank. this will be a temp thing. with diesel $4 here, i will not be filling the other tank anyway. this will also give me time to hunt one up, alst alternative will be the dealership.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Some guy on EBAY has them. I'm going to check dealer tomorrow to see what damage is.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

the right part number is 6C3Z-9189-A, if anyone wants to add it to their list of part numbers. local dealership is asking $168. ebay has one, but, add shipping and the total cost would be about the same.

a note to anyone thinking of converting to electric fuel: when you are the point where you plumb into the selector valve, push the clip out that captures the adapter to the nipple. this way you can remove the adapter/hose from the valve so that you can fight those pita factory hose clamps in a better position, rather than up and inside the frame rail, behind the front fuel tank.

another heads up, the downpipe must come out. if you have the stock downpipe and want to install the electric fuel, you need to order the aftermarket 3" downpipe and plan on its install at the same time because the stock pipe has to be cut out.

Last edited by 94strokerace; 03-24-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: wanted to mention the downpipe
Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Picked one up at the dealer for 142.50.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

im thinking about picking one up at a salvage yard, dont care if it works because i just need the body and use my valves' innards. if the salvage yard wants too much for a used one, then i will just bite the bullett.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bockhold
i had to replace our valve because it was not switchin the tanks. the only place that had the part new was ford. the part was like $160 to buy. no problems so far.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

Right now I still have the 1986 F250 selector in my truck. Believe it or not its exactly the same except the wire connector! I ground off the end of the selector connector body and the 97 harness plugs right in. At some point I'll install the new selector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.