The Diesel Stop banner

Is my transfer case a Borg Warner 1356 ?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DIESELDUTTON 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I believe my transfer case is a BW 1356,I did some research for the front yoke and I believe that they have used that transfer case in the 250 and 350 from 86 or 87, I'm still trying to locate a yoke for my double cardan drive shaft and need to know if the splines are the same from 97 250 to a 97 350, I would assume they are the same but you know what happens when you assume /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Thanks

Frank

See less See more
#2 ·
Frank. Still trying to locate the one I told you about. But it is a state over, and I can't get a solid line on it for another minute or two. If I understand correctly, I thought the 97s had a BW-4407 transfer case. I didn't believe it either so I took a look at mine and found the tag.

#3 ·
Thanks Kurt, I just looked at the tag on my TC and it says, J2571 4407-04 2417 20 FGTA-SA so you are correct it is BW 4407, now I wonder if it is the same as the 99 SD because the guy that I found who is going to lenghthen the drive shaft had a 99 SD TC on the ground, and the yoke looked to me like it was the proper one for my double cardan style shaft I just wasnt sure of the spline count on mine. Kurt, do you have any idea what size and type of thread for the large fuel plug on the back of the head is ? I know the one that broke on you was 1\8npt, I would love to buy a kit from Bean, but I dont have the extra cash and my fuel pump is leaking AGAIN, I have the filters, I just need to get everything else. Thanks Kurt

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.