need help!! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question need help!!

okay so when i went to replace the glow plugs on my 96 f350 dated 12 of 95 i for that injector 7 last on passenger head was a AB injector and that the rest was AA and i was wondering if this could cause a problem or a runing problem and also it has been acting up here latley every time i start the truck it will white smoke for a while and after driving it for a while it will eventually go away but after sitting for more then an hour it will smoke for a while again i replaced the injector oring and is still doing it

and now for the next problem i will be driving just fine down the road just fine and out of the blue i will lose all throttle like it just wont gain mph with throttle to the floor and if i just let off of it and put it in netural it will die and wont start back for 5 or 10 minutes and might make it home or might do it 2 or 3 more time

really need help on this one truck has been sitting for more then 2 weeks and will need it for work soon so any input will grealy appricated thanks guys!!
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
The injector difference issnt your issue. I would run a cyl contribution test . as for the running problem. I would want to watch data when it happens. Does it set a check engine light?
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
dieseltrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you still have the superchip...pull it out. sounds somewhat like the way my truck ran when the superchip went south. don't forget to disconnect the battery grounds to reset cpu.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Definitely pull the chip and try it. When my chip went the truck either wouldn't start or would start and run for 20 minutes and quit.
95 F350 4x4 XLT Lariat PSD E4OD 4:10 LS Camper package purch Mar 95 Command start, super chip(died),BD 3" downpipe & 4" cat back,cat cleaned, switched EBPV,shimmed fpr 76 psi,Homemade open air intake & HX hose,Pillar mount Autometer pyro boost & trans temp. gauges,2-Trucool 4590, B&M trans filter,Sparky AIC plus extra relay for command start,BFG AT 285/75/16. Western Wideout snowplow.Airbags frt + rear
Wifes truck 2004 F350 CC 4x4 Lariat 6.0 L Auto 373ls 285/75/16 BFG AT adj. pedals,AIC camper package,Ford gold starter, Air Raid air filter.
99.5 F350 4x4 Lariat sc PSD Dually, command start, homemade open air filter,zoodad mod,6.0 trans cooler,DTT trans,Mag-Hytec trans pan,Pillar mount Autometer gauges, 4" stainless exhaust(chinese MBRP copy?),Aero 4040XL Muffler, DP Tuner F6, ATS ported turbo housing, Tightened wastegate rod, Boost regulator
2stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Agree with the last couple stated above ......definitely do the cont. test if you can or even remove the VC's and watch the oil spurting...that will tell you which injector is sub-par...the AB is a split shot but it will still run...just not as efficiently....
95 E350 PSD HD Cargo , BB shim , E4OD , B&M aluminium Trans pan , Twin HD coolers , Cat sleeps with the fishes , 3:55 D60FF, EBPV Delete , DP flashed 60 Tow , 140 V idm , Autometer Triple pod , Bridgestone /Hankook
1977 F350 Dually Dump , 460 , 429 POLICE heads , 4:56 D70FF, Edelbrock Intake , Holley 850 , MSD IGN , Custom C-6 Trans , Dual Exhausts , Bridgestone
blageurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.