pinion nut size - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pinion nut size

I just snapped the yoke on the rear diff. and I'm stuck at work. Does anyone know what size the nut is as it looks like I'll have to run out and buy one.
10.25 sterling ltd slip
thanks

95 psd 4x,5sp, down piped, 10,000lb warn, hydro bumper,tymar type intake, 285/75/16 at2 yoki geolanders, custom boat rack with 12' aluminium on top, kawi kdx in the box,
fastford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: pinion nut size

1-1/8" if i remember right. it has been a while. either that or 1-1/16".

you have to get the thin walled socket though, the thicker ones wont fit b/c the nut and the hole of the yoke

-cutts-

96 F350 PSD 4x4 CC/LB 5spd XLT Ranch Hands F/R, 6637 mod, 4.5" straight pipe, tymar 3-4" DP, Dominator 66 turbo, Banks IC system, DIY Stage-I's, TW 4-pos chip, 37" SuperSwampers, autometer gauges,RAM laptop mount w/AI OBD diagnostics, fold down g/n hitch, OBA system with York and dual trumpet air horns, bronco 33gal fuel tank

72 bronco 302/435/twinsticked D20/D60/10.25 welded F/R, hydro assist, 39.5" stretched WB to 105", 1410 yokes/shafts, Staz custom double beadlocks, CroMo shafts front shafts with 35 spline outers and sexy lady drive slugs, GLO diamond tread diff covers, custom cage, mesh floor, custom diamond aluminum dash overlay, wristed radius arm, homemade shackle ladder bar
Fishmanndotcom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Why do you need a new nut? If the yoke broke, the nut should be able to still be used. I used a 1 1/16" I think and my socket was not a thin wall and it worked just fine. You might need a breaker bar with a cheater if it has been on there from the factory. It's tight!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

My Old 96 Truck
pschand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (12)

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need a new nut? If the yoke broke, the nut should be able to still be used.

[/ QUOTE ]

They way I understood it he was going to buy a new yoke and need the nut size so he could get the right size wrench to r and r the yoke.
BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

It was 1 1/8th. It was pretty tuff going on. Went on a bit easier after warming it up and smacking it with the the 5lb sledge. Of course there was a piece of wood between the sledge and the yoke. I'm finding the driveline on this truck is leaving much to be desired.
So far I've replaced both yokes, rebuilt the 5spd, replaced all the ujoints everywhere some a few times and now the front driveshft has developed considerable slop in the slip joint section.
I hope at least thats the last time I drop a shaft in the middle of an intersection with an on coming gravel truck lined up to the drivers door.
thanks

95 psd 4x,5sp, down piped, 10,000lb warn, hydro bumper,tymar type intake, 285/75/16 at2 yoki geolanders, custom boat rack with 12' aluminium on top, kawi kdx in the box,
fastford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.