Powerstroke Help.com?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powerstroke Help.com??

I was looking at this website and the Tech videos that you can purchase are $100 for 30 days. Has anyone bought any of these, are they helpful to have?
How does it work - you have 30 days to download all the videos that you want?
What I was hoping to get out of it was some realy good injector swap information and anything else that they had to offer.
Thanks for any opinions or help.
TSM Rear Disc Brake Conversion, Viper Keyless Entry & Remote Start
King Pin Dana 60, SD rear B codes, Bilsteins 4600
Ranch Hand Replacement Front & Rear
16x10 Pacers W/315 75x16

Most importantly
I am the proudest member of the
Fightn' Texas Aggie Class of '07 Gig'em
TxAG'97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
It is interesting in what was once free now he is charging. Some of his information is good and some of it is bad. But I wouldn't pay him anything for what he puts out. There are instructions on any of the injector rebuilders web sites that you can follow as long as you can read and don't need the pictures. Such as HERE.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
He is entertaining. I'll give him that. But paying for it? Not!

2005 F250 6.0 Lariat 4X4 CC short bed (Stock)

1997 F250 7.3 XLT 4X4 Reg. cab (Stock)

1986 F250 6.9 XLT 4X4 Gone but not forgotten

pjwoolw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Another reason I ask is that I am in need of a good PSD mechanic. Right now I am working 6 12's on a night shift and I do not have the time to do some work that is needed.

I am in Macon GA and Powerstroke Help.com is located in north Atlanta - I thought he might be the best option for some work. From experience I would not let any of the diesel mechanics in Macon or Macon area even change my oil!!
16x10 Pacers W/315 75x16

Most importantly
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

From what I have read his is a good mechanic for the Powerstroke.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
I did a bit of research when I first found that site. The guy has a good rep. Been around for pretty long time. If I were in a bind I wouldn't hesitate to take a rig there.

2005 F250 6.0 Lariat 4X4 CC short bed (Stock)

1997 F250 7.3 XLT 4X4 Reg. cab (Stock)

1986 F250 6.9 XLT 4X4 Gone but not forgotten

pjwoolw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

That makes me feel a little better and thanks for the link bugman. If I end having him do any work I will report back for an update.
16x10 Pacers W/315 75x16

Most importantly
Old 07-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have talked to the guyes @ powerstroke specilties and I think they are the real deal... Mikey there actually talked me tru how to check my cps problem and I foung it was a burned up wire!! I would recomend HIGHLY...and if what u think is not the prob... they will still help...I honk the horn every time I go by there.
92 F-250 4X4 W/ 35 in mudders 5.8 gas
TC 45 New Holland tractor Diesel
Old green 20 ft goosneck stock trailer
97 F-350 7.3 4 door dually
NOT pictured are the 68 Ford 2000 Tractor that I grew up on, and the 73 F100 of my son's. I also have a new addition, an 92 E-350 in 5.8 gas
Of all the things I've ever lost I miss my mind the most!

97 F-350 Dually
Superchips 1705 (does anybody do this one anymore?)
K&N Intake
Hayden Tranny cooler (The Biggest they make!)
Boost Relief (not that I have needed it LOL!)
GlowShift A pillar gauges
Straight Piped (Not yet Illegal in my neck of the woods!)

Want:
Big Injectors
More Power
More Reliability
More Mpg
(An oxy-moron I know!!!)
GA Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you for the report you are the first that I have found that has actually interacted with this shop. Other people really come down on these guys but yet no one has done any business with them at all.

I will contact them and get some quotes.
16x10 Pacers W/315 75x16

Most importantly
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

re: chaning out top oil...

Aloha Tx-
I would love for one of the more mechanical folks here to chime in on this man's servicing of the oil on the top part of the engine. The oil that lubes and protects the injectors. I found his info very interesting and could make sense if those 3 quarts of oil on the top of our 7.3 engines does not get changed out as well. Also curious about him using the ProLong additive along with 2 new quarts of oil on the top. Does it really work and does it prolong the life of the original injectors?
Mahalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAG'97 View Post
Thank you for the report you are the first that I have found that has actually interacted with this shop. Other people really come down on these guys but yet no one has done any business with them at all.

I will contact them and get some quotes.
'96 F250 XLT, 4WD, Ext Cab, 4.10, D60, RSK with SD Springs, Bilsteins, ATO Performance Transmission E4OD, Heavy Duty Transmission Cooler, Tymar Intake, Tymar 3x4 DP, Tymar Coolant Filter, non-EBP pedestal, FS2500 Bypass Filter, USA Made Powermaster Denso 9051 Starter!...

DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS View Post
Aloha Tx-
I would love for one of the more mechanical folks here to chime in on this man's servicing of the oil on the top part of the engine. The oil that lubes and protects the injectors. I found his info very interesting and could make sense if those 3 quarts of oil on the top of our 7.3 engines does not get changed out as well. Also curious about him using the ProLong additive along with 2 new quarts of oil on the top. Does it really work and does it prolong the life of the original injectors?
Mahalo
Without going and looking for them myself if you would go up intothe Super Duty forums you will find all kinds of discussion about the changing of the HPOP oil. Now my point of it is if you are going to change the HPOP oil witch is only less than a quart how about all the oil in the oil cooler and the rest of the HPOP system? As far as putting in an additive I personally believe that they are all snake oil. If you run a diesel spec. oil and change it regularly then you shouldn't have any problems with the injectors. I personally know of 1 powerstroke that went 700,000 miles before any work was done on any of the engine except for regular maintence and a couple that have over 500,000 miles and going strong.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's hard to argue or disagree with a man who has worked on hundreds if not thousands of these Ford/International Power Trains and Trucks with everything at his disposal and nonstop for something like 20 years plus. He gets my vote. He's fanatical about servicing and warming and cooling and lubricating. Many of these trucks run close to wide open 12 to 15 hours a day year in and year out with super heavy loads pulling through mountains and deserts and all kinds of weather conditions and extremes. I give him 100%. He rightfully loves these trucks. They are a magnificent piece of machinery.
Bumper to bumper, Full Synthetic!!! Rotella T 5-40(7.3L) -- Mobil 1 Mercon V(E40D) -- Amsoil Extreme 75-90(Danas 60) -- Detroit Lakes, Minnesota -- "Boating has always been a rich mans hobby". -- 1996 E350 XLT Club Wagon 15 Passenger Van. -- Purchased 10-21-2009 for $700 cash with 620,000 miles on it! -- It's mint and beautiful! -- I love it! -- I am 64 years old and a professional mechanic and truck driver for over 45 years. --I am now a rich man driving a $50,000 prime time Ford that gets 21 MPG(HWY) & 16 MPG(Town).
midwestconnection is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

I agree with Bugman additives are snake oil, and clean high quality oil makes for a happy engine. I too can point to several power stroke and idi 7.3 eigines that are running close to and or over a million miles under some pretty adverse conditions. The only other vehicles that do this would be the over the road big rigs.
oldrebuiltdodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
I'm glad to hear that someone has interacted with powerstokehelp and find him to be useful. I have looked over many videos and from my limited knowledge and experience with diesels found him to be inconsistant with what I know. Some of his stuff I found helpful and some not helpful at all. I also was appalled at how dirty he worked and figured if he was on his best level of cleanliness with a video without looking his shop would resemble a junkyard, Not that there are not good mechanics at some junkyards but it does not do well for my phsychic state of mind.
I asked about the three quarts of oil in the hpop a few months ago and was told his arguement was bs.
May replay some of his vids.
onemoreday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.