Transmission drain/refill method....'99 and up instructions OK? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lud

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission drain/refill method....'99 and up instructions OK?

Last time I did this I could have sworn I had instructions for 94-97 E4OD. The instructions in the FAQ are for '99 and up. Should basically be the same, right? Long story short, you disconnect return line and run engine until air shows up in line, add more ATF and repeat. Re-attach line and fill trans the rest of the way.
96 F-350 CC PSD,4x4,E4OD,4.10LS, Power mods: Superduty IC with powder-coated GTS tubes, Racor CCV, Tymar intake, Gutted EBPV, shimmed fuel regulator, Ceramic coated Hypermax DP, 4" Exhaust (dead cat), TWildman 4 position chip, Tranny: Sonnax valve and springs, B&M deep pan, B&M Trick shift synthetic ATF, Tru-cool 4739 cooler, Magnefine filter, Exterior: BFG 285 AT's on AR Crater teflon wheels, Warn Premium hubs, Skyjacker add-a-leaf,Rancho 9000's,Stull mud flaps, Century topper, Bushwacker fender flares, N-fab 3-step nerf bars. Interior: pedal mod, 3-gauge pillar, My Truck photos
Lud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
They are exactly the same.

Here's an updated version:
Changing ATF: 7.3L PowerStroke Engine and 4R100 Automatic Transmission.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mark Kovalsky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lud

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
They are exactly the same.

Here's an updated version:
Changing ATF: 7.3L PowerStroke Engine and 4R100 Automatic Transmission.
Perfect! Thanks Mark
96 F-350 CC PSD,4x4,E4OD,4.10LS, Power mods: Superduty IC with powder-coated GTS tubes, Racor CCV, Tymar intake, Gutted EBPV, shimmed fuel regulator, Ceramic coated Hypermax DP, 4" Exhaust (dead cat), TWildman 4 position chip, Tranny: Sonnax valve and springs, B&M deep pan, B&M Trick shift synthetic ATF, Tru-cool 4739 cooler, Magnefine filter, Exterior: BFG 285 AT's on AR Crater teflon wheels, Warn Premium hubs, Skyjacker add-a-leaf,Rancho 9000's,Stull mud flaps, Century topper, Bushwacker fender flares, N-fab 3-step nerf bars. Interior: pedal mod, 3-gauge pillar, My Truck photos
Lud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.