What Size Is Fuel Pump Banjo Bolt - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What Size Is Fuel Pump Banjo Bolt

I need to get around to fixing my fuel pump someday, I guess I need a box end wrench for that banjo bolt there. It is a 49 state 97 model truck. I am going to do it with the turbocharger left on.

Birken
Birken Vogt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2006, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: What Size Is Fuel Pump Banjo Bolt

blw3 took a box end wrench and put a bend on it to clear the turbo pedistol. he said it was a serious pain. the wrench helped. just an idea for you when you are trying to turn that banjo and the pedistol is in the way.
<span style="color: #000099"> 96 F-250 CREWCAB POWERSTROKE... Stage 1 injectors... 6 position Tony Wildman chip: stock, economy, daily, tow, hot tow, & Luke Cline Extreme... Superduty IDM mod... Tymar intake... Tymar 3"X4" down pipe... Tymar 4" exhaust... Tymar high pressure oil crossover... 6.0 intercooler-PIPES thanks to GTS... CCV mod... V10 transmission cooler... 203* thermostat... shimmed FPR... gutted EBPV... Monster Box trans... 4.10s... Dana 60 front... LS rear w/ extra qt and a half diff cover... three gauge pod full of Autometer's... AIC... Turbo pedestal mod by Rick96F250 and a 3/8inch shorter bolt on the rear passenger side of the pedestal... Nippondenso starter... THINGS TO DO: get a big turbo, big oil, and big fuel... RSK with SD springs.</span>

<span style="color: #CC0000"> #26</span>
krowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)

Just did it with no great effort required any different than any modern car...I mean it is a royal PITA but what isn't these days. I broke it loose and did the final tighten with the box end but used the open end to spin it out and yes I did have to flip the open end over and over to get two different bites on each flat, all the way out 1/12 of a turn at a time. But I am used to that. I reused the old seal washers since they stuck in place on the banjo and that made it easy to put the bolt back in. Otherwise I would have used some tacky gasket sealant or something. Also the pump did not want to lift out of its bore but after breaking it loose with big pliers and lifting it somewhat, I bumped the starter with the conveniently located fender solenoid and a big screwdriver until the pump popped up a little further but it did not appear that the plunger really wanted to fall out anyway.

Birken
Birken Vogt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

[ QUOTE ]
I reused the old seal washers since they stuck in place on the banjo and that made it easy to put the bolt back in.
Birken

[/ QUOTE ]
i wish i would of done that when i did mine. man what a pain. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

GAUGES, INTAKE, EXHUAST, SBC CLUTCH, CHIP, BDP INJECTORS, BILSTEINS, BUSHINGS...AND A WHOLE LOT MORE..

pics

B99 BIO DIESEL SUPPORTING AMERICAS FARMERS.

US NAVY

looking for an ext cab 4x4 short bed DURAMAX!!! keeping the obs of course.
1997PSD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

i used a 1 1/4" box end wrench and a 14 year old neighbor kid, without his small hands i couldn't have done it. he screwed it the rest of the way out and started it and screwed it in as far as he could in, then i wrenched it tight. hope this helps kirk [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
Terminator HPOP,Custom Inter cooler install by Rockin "S" Performance, Full Force Stage 1's, Banks Down Pipe, "Authentic" Tymar Filter, Tymar 4" Exhaust, F.P.R.Shim,Pac-Brake,Autometer Z Series Pyro, Trans Temp, and Boost,DIY Coolant Filter,Amsoil, A Pillar Mnt,DIY Bypass Oil Filter,Tru-Cool Max Tranny Cooler, TS 6 Position Chip, Valve Body By Cale at BTS
DeiselDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2006, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

I used a socket with swivels and extensions to get it off and on, then tightened it with a box end.
Craig
Old 05-28-2006, 03:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

What's a banjo bolt and who cares?
Retire36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2006, 05:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's the bolt that holds your fuel lines to the fuel pump.If your pump quits you will be the one that cares.

'87 Tbird TC Auto
'87 Tbird TC 5sp
clem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.