where is the evaporator coils located at? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Power Strokes 1994-1997 General Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the Power Stroke engine in 1994 through 1997 models.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
where is the evaporator coils located at?

where are the evaporater coils located at i think mine might be plugged and need to be cleaned, any pics???
thanks guys

02 F350 PSD-4dr, 4X4, drw, auto, line-x, sirus sat. radio, single position TWildman Chip, Napa 6637 Open Air Element, de-clawed, sonnax and tricumulator, ebpv delete, faubian motorsports trans.
pawsranch3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (19)
Re: where is the evaporator coils located at?

In the box on the lower firewall, passenger side. You'll have to remove the silver heat shielding and some other small stuff to remove the cover. There is one screw that you access from inside the cab (at least on mine). Cheers!

SOLD: 94 F350 CC DRW, 5 Speed, SBC Con-O, Baldwin Filter, Tymar HPX Hose, 3 DP, Bilsteins, $12 AIC, Coolant Filter, Explorer O/H Console, Trans Temp, Boost, and Pyro, Pedestal Mod, Gutted EBPV
Patrick Feeley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

They're inside the plastic cover that protrudes forward from the passenger side firewall, just outboard of the passenger side valve cover.

You may have to pull some of the silver insulation off to see it.

You can sort of see in there at the evaporator by removing the heater blower motor (3 screws, passenger side inner fender, close to firewall), then using a flashlight and a mirror.

I removed my blower motor and flushed it off with a water hose.

It was caked with dirt, and grime! Here's a shot of what one guys looked like when he pulled his blower motor:

Evaporator Coil

The water will drain out of the bottom of the housing onto the ground.

Good Luck! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
1997 F250HD Regular Cab 4x4, 4.10 SRW, Handshaker ZF5 Tranny, Bean Stage I's, TWildman 4 Pos Chip, 3" Downpipe/4" Exhaust, Tymar Intake, Luk Single Mass Flywheel/Clutch, IDM Mod, Ford AIC, Stancor GPR, HX Mod, Gutted EBPV, Dead Kitty, Coolant Filter, 203* Stat, Twin Electric Fans, A/C Mod, GPR Bypass System, 1.0 A/R Turbo Exhaust Housing

There's no Substitute for Cubic Inches!!!
F250Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2006, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Gag! He must have lived on a dirt road or worked construction.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
1997 F250 HD PSD 4x4 OR Auto 3.55LS CC SRW SWB 265x75x16 Michelin LTX DP 211K mi.; Ford AIC; Fuel milege; 20.3 mpg @ 70 mph. 12.5 mpg pulling my boat,12.5K, along two lane rural roads. A number of mods ordered from DaleI. Nice round replacement DP. FS2500 by-pass oil filter installed. Fumoto drain valve. Tymar Intake installed! HX mod from Tymar installed. TFI fillneck kits installed. Auto-Rx cleaner in engine & transmission done. Switched from Rotella dino to Rotella synthetic. Amsoil 5W-30 Series 3000 installed!
FS-2500 Bypass filter installed. CD Changer
Velvet rides installed. Joe Servo IDM mod was installed. Replaced with Swamps HV/HF IDM! Rear air lift springs. 4" exhaust installed all the back from DP and bye bye Kitty.
Sparkydm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

or--following other people tooo close on a gravel road--with the air on--around here--seen it once toooo often--
94 f250 idi turbo sc e4od alum fac rims 149,289 --dana 60 frt with posi--10.25 rear w/posi--shouldnt get stuck!! ats turbo 3" parts on--what a diff from stock turbo!!!!!--- also 96 F250 with 305,000 is fixed!!-- 7.3 rattler-also 85 6.9-needs new engine!! tired!!
94_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

That'll do it!
1997 F250 HD PSD 4x4 OR Auto 3.55LS CC SRW SWB 265x75x16 Michelin LTX DP 211K mi.; Ford AIC; Fuel milege; 20.3 mpg @ 70 mph. 12.5 mpg pulling my boat,12.5K, along two lane rural roads. A number of mods ordered from DaleI. Nice round replacement DP. FS2500 by-pass oil filter installed. Fumoto drain valve. Tymar Intake installed! HX mod from Tymar installed. TFI fillneck kits installed. Auto-Rx cleaner in engine & transmission done. Switched from Rotella dino to Rotella synthetic. Amsoil 5W-30 Series 3000 installed!
FS-2500 Bypass filter installed. CD Changer
Velvet rides installed. Joe Servo IDM mod was installed. Replaced with Swamps HV/HF IDM! Rear air lift springs. 4" exhaust installed all the back from DP and bye bye Kitty.
Sparkydm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 General

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.