Anyone using the A1000 Aeromotive pump? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone using the A1000 Aeromotive pump?

I thought I'd see how many (if any) are using the Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump still, and how well it has held up?
I have one sitting on the shelf, which I thought I might install eventually, but I'm leaning towards the Superduty frame mount pump now...but thought I'd see what you guys think is the better way to go!

Longevity is the main goal here, so that has to be kept in mind, and I realize over the years Aeromotive has put out a good product which overall has been recognized as being "quality". There again, I don't hear of too many SD pumps going bad either!

Thx.. thoughts/comments?

Dale
Powerstroke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Re: Anyone using the A1000 Aeromotive pump?

Dale, I have had my A1000 on for almost two years. Let me know if you want to sell yours. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
95 F350 Crewcab4X4: TE Twin Turbo(BB fed by a Precision Hybrid from BWD), Industrial Injection BD Injectors, DIIC with custom stainless 3" piping, Terminator HPOS, DI headstuds, BTS tranny, TruCool 40GVW cooler, DP LIVE TUNED F5 with Extreme ICP(ya, it works)!, Custom fuel system, MagHytec diff cover.

01 F350 Regcab4X4: soon to be shortened.

97 F350 Regcab4X4: Twin Turbo's, lots of fuel and oil.

02 Excursion4X4Limited: Wifes ride: Terminator HPOS2, DP Tuner F5

http://community.webshots.com/user/gsxrturboquad

SDRCM #7
GSXRTURBOQUAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)

it all comes down to what kind of HP ou want to run, a stock sd fuel pump wont do much more than 425, I have a A 1000 pump and it works good, just make sure to clean pre filter
FASS 150/180 pump
DI Peformance stud's
Swamp's Gen 3 oil
Spearco 6.0 CAC
AFE Stage 2 With Progard 7
Coming soon...
Bigger TN charger, Injectors, Built motor
Custom pulling hitch, ladder bars, bump stops, weight rack
IH1206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've had two and each one lasted for only little over a yr. Now I'm running Bosch High Performance Racing Fuel Pump 0580254984. Got the tip from another member here. It's been over 2 yrs now and no problem. And better still is the price. About half of the aeromotive 1000.
Dann
96 GTS Viper
98 GT2 Viper
58 MGA
dansk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Dale, if someone gave me an Aeromotive pump I would sell it and keep my 2 SD pumps. I got a brand new SX pump and filter (free) and sold it. I have heard too many issues with the big pumps and yet the SD pumps keep going and going.
Soaggydogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

WE HAVE BEEN USING NOTHING BUT THE A1000 PUMPS AND THEY HOLD UP GOOD, BUT YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THEM CORRECTLY. YOU MUST USE 5/8 FUEL LINE TO THE PUMP AND FROM THE PUMP TO THE REGULATOR. YOU MUST RUN A "STAINLESS" PREFILTER NOT PAPER (COMMON MISTAKE). YOUR FUEL/WATER SEPERATOR MUST BE AFTER THE PUMP. YOU HAVE TO RUN A BYPASS REGULATOR WITH MINIMUM -10 INLET AND 1/2 RETURN LINE. THE WORST THING ABOUT THE A1000 IS CAVITATION, THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO RUN THE BIG LINES. YOU ONLY NEED TO RUN THE PUMP AT ABOUT 80-85 PSI MAX. IT WILL STAY CONSTANT THERE, I DONT CARE HOW MUCH FUEL YOU DEMAND. DO NOT RUN FUEL INTO HEAD AND THEN OUT OF HEAD INTO REGULATOR. IT IS TOO RESTRICTIVE. TO MUCH HEAD PRESSURE ON THE PUMP AND YOU WILL BURN IT UP. ALSO DO NOT BOOST REFERENCE YOUR REGULATOR. FOR EVERY 1PSI OF BOOST = 1PSI OF FUEL PRESSURE. FOR INSTANCE BASE FUEL PSI 80, NOW YOU BOOST REFERENCE AND YOUR TRUCK IS CAPABLE OF 40 PSI, NOW YOUR FUEL PRESSURE IS 120 PSI. NOT GOOD. WE HAVE HAD NO ISSUES WITH THESE PUMPS BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW THIER INSTRUCTIONS OR IT WILL FAIL.

1995 FORD F-250 REGULAR CAB/SHORT BED- FRESH ENGINE, 530 HYBRIDS/EH NOZZLES, GEN3 BIG OIL W/ SWAMPS 20* PUMP, "BIG" TURBO, COMETIC HEAD GASKETS, ARP HEAD AND MAIN STUDS, AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM, SOUTH BEND DUAL DISC, AFE STAGE 2 AIR FILTER, TANK, FS2500, AND LOTS MORE...........
UNLIMITED_DIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

Wow, most of the things you say not to do, I'm doing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I guess I'm just lucky? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img]
95 F350 Crewcab4X4: TE Twin Turbo(BB fed by a Precision Hybrid from BWD), Industrial Injection BD Injectors, DIIC with custom stainless 3" piping, Terminator HPOS, DI headstuds, BTS tranny, TruCool 40GVW cooler, DP LIVE TUNED F5 with Extreme ICP(ya, it works)!, Custom fuel system, MagHytec diff cover.

01 F350 Regcab4X4: soon to be shortened.

97 F350 Regcab4X4: Twin Turbo's, lots of fuel and oil.

02 Excursion4X4Limited: Wifes ride: Terminator HPOS2, DP Tuner F5

http://community.webshots.com/user/gsxrturboquad

SDRCM #7
GSXRTURBOQUAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

IT WILL FAIL EVENTUALLY. WE HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN ON OTHER PEOPLES TRUCKS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT I SAID NOT TO. MAYBE I CAN HELP.

1995 FORD F-250 REGULAR CAB/SHORT BED- FRESH ENGINE, 530 HYBRIDS/EH NOZZLES, GEN3 BIG OIL W/ SWAMPS 20* PUMP, "BIG" TURBO, COMETIC HEAD GASKETS, ARP HEAD AND MAIN STUDS, AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM, SOUTH BEND DUAL DISC, AFE STAGE 2 AIR FILTER, TANK, FS2500, AND LOTS MORE...........
Old 12-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

my old set up was exactly as explained, a100 pump would last no more than a year 15k miles, don't bother with it, just put in one or two sd pumps and forget about it, and sell the a1000 to pay for the sd pump, the added expense to set up the a1000 is way more than the average guy needs, unless you have a dedicated pulling truck, stay with the sd pumps.
97 f350 cc 4x4, srw ,tde1, 4.10 gears,head studs w/ factory gaskets' bts tranny mobil 1 synthetic diesel site full pull injectors h2 turbo, 02 hpop ,twin tymar intake ,beddins custom fuel system ,custom ladder bars,turbo life saver,dead kitty, ,dp tuner 4 position chip,hypermax innercooler,oil filler extension,,maghytec pan,4inch exaust w/ 4" stacks, aux tranny filter,dual aux tranny coolers, autometer a-pillar 3gauge,295 nitto at's,4inch lift,ranchhand bumpers front&rear

If you are reading this, THANK a teacher. If you are reading this in ENGLISH, THANK a soldier!!!
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

That may be true. Like I said this is all we have ever used. We have not used the SD pumps so I don't know. Maybe we have been lucky with ours, but we have had a ZERO failure rate. We have been using this set up for 3 years with no failures if that tells you anything. While the SD pumps are good, it is my belief that you would maintain a constant fuel pressure with the A1000 pump in a higher horsepower application.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

5 years on my A1000 with a Dahl 150/2 micron prefilter 5/8" suction line, 1/2" line to the heads out through the regulator 3/8" return to the tank @55psi.
2000 CC XLT DRW 6 SPEED, BLACK, 4x4, ARP Head studs, SWAMPS XXXX Hybrids, SWAMPS Gen III oil, SBDD clutch, 3600lb plate load. Fluidamper, 910 valvesprings, SuperT 72 charger on my mount kit, Small shot of NOS, Tapercore intercooler. 7' ladder bars.

Tunned by the [color:"red"] BACKWOOD HACK [/color]
UNCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

and you probably wouldnt give it up for anything.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

IF it fails another one will replace it.
2000 CC XLT DRW 6 SPEED, BLACK, 4x4, ARP Head studs, SWAMPS XXXX Hybrids, SWAMPS Gen III oil, SBDD clutch, 3600lb plate load. Fluidamper, 910 valvesprings, SuperT 72 charger on my mount kit, Small shot of NOS, Tapercore intercooler. 7' ladder bars.

Tunned by the [color:"red"] BACKWOOD HACK [/color]
UNCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

from reading everyones sig who posted in this thread, i can not see any of you who need the amount of flow the a1000 puts out, myself included,even if you did need it twin sd pumps will more than handle the fuel requirements.also, the a1000 is not designed for everyday usage, call aeromotive, they will tell you the same thing and then tell you to buy their voltage box for 300.00 that reduces voltage to the pump when full flow is not needed.(in my opinion full flow is never needed on a psd application.)
97 f350 cc 4x4, srw ,tde1, 4.10 gears,head studs w/ factory gaskets' bts tranny mobil 1 synthetic diesel site full pull injectors h2 turbo, 02 hpop ,twin tymar intake ,beddins custom fuel system ,custom ladder bars,turbo life saver,dead kitty, ,dp tuner 4 position chip,hypermax innercooler,oil filler extension,,maghytec pan,4inch exaust w/ 4" stacks, aux tranny filter,dual aux tranny coolers, autometer a-pillar 3gauge,295 nitto at's,4inch lift,ranchhand bumpers front&rear

If you are reading this, THANK a teacher. If you are reading this in ENGLISH, THANK a soldier!!!
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'll just throw my .02 in. Im running 2 sd pumps in series with everything stock between the tanks and selector valve and those pumps are supporting 550+hp on #2 only. IMO for 99% of the people out there there is no need for anymore than that. Now with the new injectors im gonna have to change things up, they are only holding about 40 psi at wot now (reg is set at 65psi).
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.