Brighter Headlights - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brighter Headlights

So, about 6 months ago I upgraded my headlights with some smoked headlights I purcahsed off ebay. I thought they would be lightly smoked but these are dark smoked. Now, I drive around at night with my brights on barely able to see. I have the really bright light bulbs in there too. Forgot the exact brand. What is everyone suggestion to get the brightest lights possible. I need to change my headlights (obviously), does anyone recommend a place to buy them from? What are my option for brighter lights?
tucker0104 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

I just put a set of 9007 hid headlights in my 96 PSD. They are 8000k 55w with high and low beams and let me tell you they are brighter than hell. I would do that but its your call.
Jeffro92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Get rid of the smoked lense? Seems like the obvious answer.

HID's aren't really HIDs unless you get rid of the reflector housing and switch to a projector housing. Of all of the "HID" kits out there I've seen for these trucks only one of them changes the housing and I can't recall whose it is.
Snowtow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Anyone know of a HID kit that includes the projectors?
tucker0104 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

idk how to do pictures on here but i think i attached it right. let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Brighter Headlights-hid.jpg  
Jeffro92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
We have true Projection Hids that will not blind on coming trafic like the retrofit kits all do.

True Projection Hids

PM me your email for additional info.

Thanks, Cary

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
First thing I did with my new 97 truck when I got it was to clean the headlamps and change them. I put in Sylvania Silverstars and the improvement is 1000%
onemoreday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

How much are the kits and how hard are they to change over....

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
We have true Projection Hids that will not blind on coming trafic like the retrofit kits all do.

True Projection Hids

PM me your email for additional info.

Thanks, Cary
1997 F-250 4X4 Powerstroke, ext cab, 3:55 gears, E4OD tranny, DiPricol gauges and 3 pillar pod,Tru-Cool 4739 Max trans cooler, 3" downpipe, Magnaflow 4" Stainless Exhaust, DIY Tymar Air Filter, Banks Intercooler, Edge Programmer, Rotella Synthetic,Mobil-1 synthetic ATF,Warn manual lockouts, ..2012 Sabre 34RLQS fifth wheel.
okie1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

The first thing that comes to mind is that both smoked headlight covers and retro-fit non DOT approved HID bulbs in housings not designed for them are illegal, so you probably shouldn't do that unless you are a criminal. I've been so blinded by some of those retrofit kits that I've been tempted to turn around, follow the truck and fix the headlights with a hammer. True street legal retrofit kits are a different matter - but trucks vary the headlight aim so much with different loads that overly bright headlights can always be a safety risk for on-coming drivers.

Brian
MC5C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.