HELP! Need belt # for ambulance alternator-w-duel tensioner - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP! Need belt # for ambulance alternator-w-duel tensioner

Can anyone that has put the ambulance alternator on with a dual tensioner pulley give me the belt part # to use? I have the alternator in but the belt is to short. Truck is down until I can get a long enough belt.

Thanks in advance

Invader

97 F250 XLT SuperCab LB E4OD
Mod's: Tony Wildman 4 page chip, Stealth HPOP, Beans fuel system, JoeServo high voltage IDM, Swamps 175/173 injectors, Hypermax H2E turbo and inter-cooler, open element air filter, Down pipe, open exhaust, exiting in front of rear wheel, with dynomax bullet race muffler. Home made, dual stage, Propane system, ATS TripleLoc billet steel Torque converter. Imperial Shift Kit, BD PressureLok. Mag-Hytec tranny pan and rear cover, ARB air locker in the rear. Cervinis Fiberglass ram air hood ,(part # 112). 4" Superlift lift kit, Air lift air bags with Smart air auto leveling system in the rear, Full instrumentation, Grant steering wheel, on board air system. Putco skins stainless bed rail/tailgate covers. Stainless Nerf bars. Billet front grill and clear lenses all the way around.
My Truck Pic's
Invader1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (12)
Re: HELP! Need belt # for ambulance alternator-w-duel tensioner

Try getting in touch with some of the guys in THIS OLD THREAD for a part number. I just looked through it real quick and found where they all agree it has to be .5" longer than the JK8-1227 that's used with the dual pulley tensioner, but didnt see a new part number.
BlueMule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)

The last number in Motorcraft belts is the length in 1/8" increments. 1227 is 122-7/8" long. Soooo, if you are looking for a belt 0.5" longer. then the part number would be around JK-1234 in Motorcraft. However this is just a guide so it doesn't mean such a belt exists. Check Dayco, NAPA and other brands besides Motorcraft also.
97 F-250 XLT Supercab PSD OffRoad, Bilsteins, Warn manuals, Rhinoliner, Bridgestone 285's, molded steps, smittybilt grille guard w/frame braces, Cibie driving lights, power rear window, Sony CD changer w/infinitys+basslink subwoofer, Tekonsha Prodigy, Snugtop, Reunel stainless steel rear bumper w/Warn HS9500 winch/PIAA backup lights, TFI, 7500lbs, 14.508 1/4, 408 rwhp/#2only, banks powerpack, gutted ebpv, 4" duals, map pressure regulator, JSidm, BTS, maddog stage II ABs, Bean's fuel system, Terminator, dieselpower tri-chip, tymared, black intake, non-fluttering Isspro EVs, almost stock!
masami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (203)

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked through it real quick and found where they all agree it has to be .5" longer than the JK8-1227 that's used with the dual pulley tensioner, but didnt see a new part number.

[/ QUOTE ]
That .5" longer was for the single tensioner and the part number for that is out there somewhere; I forget it off the top of my head.

I could've sworn I remember a post about this not more than a month ago but I tried searching and came up with nothing.

Cheers from Tulsa, OK! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Dave
1996 F-350 XLT CC SRW 4x4 BTS-E4OD●4L10●Tyrant Diesel chip●Hypermax H2E, intercooler, exhaust●TE-T500●7.3L Regulated Return Fuel System●215 amp generator●International water pump●Hydro-Boost●APCM 250,000 happy miles
DZLJIM 3:16
~~NTxPSA - Hold my beer and watch this.~~
DaveBey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

Thanks guys.

I found the belt that works. It is a fairly new belt. It is for a 2003 Excursion with a 6.0. It is about 126" long and I don't recall the exact part 3 but can post it later if anyone really wants to know it.

Invader

97 F250 XLT SuperCab LB E4OD
Mod's: Tony Wildman 4 page chip, Stealth HPOP, Beans fuel system, JoeServo high voltage IDM, Swamps 175/173 injectors, Hypermax H2E turbo and inter-cooler, open element air filter, Down pipe, open exhaust, exiting in front of rear wheel, with dynomax bullet race muffler. Home made, dual stage, Propane system, ATS TripleLoc billet steel Torque converter. Imperial Shift Kit, BD PressureLok. Mag-Hytec tranny pan and rear cover, ARB air locker in the rear. Cervinis Fiberglass ram air hood ,(part # 112). 4" Superlift lift kit, Air lift air bags with Smart air auto leveling system in the rear, Full instrumentation, Grant steering wheel, on board air system. Putco skins stainless bed rail/tailgate covers. Stainless Nerf bars. Billet front grill and clear lenses all the way around.
My Truck Pic's
Invader1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.