homemade steps, front and rear bumpers - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
homemade steps, front and rear bumpers

Trying to get some ideas for the items mentioned in the subject line. How many of you "do-it-yourself" people have some pics to share?

Thanks......
97 F350 4x4 3:55 CC SRW
E40D, shimmed regulator, BD downpipe, tripod (egt/boost/trans temp), cat delete, bilstein shocks, Hayden tranny cooler, Superchip, and humping a Capri rodeo camper, www.dbarleather.com
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: homemade steps, front and rear bumpers

I'll try and get some pics - homemade front and rear.
96 F250 SC longbox. Banks Stinger System (3" DP to 3.5" out. Transcommand. K&N Filter.)Dead Kitty and Muff. E40D Tranny. Banks Brake. Cobra CB. Homemade Front/Rear Bumpers and Headache Rack. Firestone Airbags. 203* Tstat. Dead Door Dinger. JcWhitney Cab Lights Installed. Shimmed FPR. DIY Tymar.
rwhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 01:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (29)

I made my own steps, copied N-Fab's design.
I used 2"X2" square stock for the main tube and 1" black pipe for the hoops. Pictures in sig...

Ok, so maybe only one pic in sig... I'll try and add some updated pics.

SOLD '00 F350 Lariet CC 4X4 on 37" Iroks, 325K miles, pulled most stuff off and put on the EX.

SOLD '95 F350 CC 4X4 (ex-slope truck) flatbed on 35" BFG and H2 rims.

Play/plow truck '91 F350 on 40X17X15's, 351W, CC bobbed 3', winches front/rear, lots of DIY stuff.
SlopeTruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

I made my own ranch hand type winch bumper for my 1993 F-250.

It looks okay, but, I messed up twice. One, I built it way too stout. It is WAY too heavy weighing about 450 lbs with the winch. Maybe more.

Two, I put the roller fairlead too far from the winch and it doesn't spool good. The roller fairlead needs to be as close to the winch as you can get it.

I used 1/2" x 7" plate for the frame mountings and up-rights. All of the decking is 1/4" plate.
The pipe is schedule 40 on top, 4" up. And the bottom pipe is XX, double walled, extremely massive pipe.

I built a crane before I even started making the bumper.

I had to put in an add-a-leaf spring in the front to help carry the load. It really needs another one.

I had to move it forward so I could mount my train horns on the steel plate you see under the bumper. That is why it sits so far in front of my truck. That was the only place that I could find to mount the giant, triple horns I used to have on there.

I nailed a car and all it did was put some red paint on my bumber. It destroyed the cars passenger door and front quarter panel and smashed them in good.

Here are pictures I just took for you: Pictures

Mark
1997 F-350, 4x4, CC, LB, BTS E4OD, 3.55's. Bean's Stage II 160cc Injectors. Tony Wildman 6 POS. 6.Oh Intercooler. Dieselsite H2E Conversion w/3" SD Intakes & Wye; Adrenaline HPOP; Boost Relief Valve; 203° Thermostat; Tru-Cool Max LPD-47391 Trans Cooler. DIY Fuel System - 10 Micron Pre, Bosch 984 Pump, 2 Micron Post, Aeromotive Regulator, oil pressure safety switch. Tymar Intake. Full Boar 4" Open Exhaust w/3" Down Pipe. No Kitty. Warn Premium Hubs. Autometer Pro-Comp II Trans Temp and Pyro, Banks Boost Gauge. Dual Tensioner Installed. CCV Mod.

http://community.webshots.com/user/markccalhoun

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mensch tracht, un Gott lacht” (“Men plan, and God laughs”) -Yiddish proverb.
markccalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

I also made my own front and rear bumpers, there are some pic. of the front bumper build up in "My truck" link below, also shows the fuel tank, and head ache rack I built.

stay safe out there
Roy

96 C.C.XLT, SRW, Short Bed, 3:55, Rebuit E4OD with Transgo shift kit & Tru-Cool Max cooler, Home made Open Air Element, H-Max downpipe, 4" straight piped, Tony's Wildmans 4 position chip, A-Piller with Auto Meter Z-Serries Pryo, EGT, and Trannie gauages, Gooseneck, Ride-Rite Air bags, Nerf Bars, Home built custom headache rack, 60 Gallon Aux. fuel tank, front bumper,and rear bumper....

Member of IAFF Local 2362 (International Association of FireFighters)
My Truck
Work Truck
Firedude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey guys.....thanks for the responses. There is some nice looking equipment out there.
97 F350 4x4 3:55 CC SRW
E40D, shimmed regulator, BD downpipe, tripod (egt/boost/trans temp), cat delete, bilstein shocks, Hayden tranny cooler, Superchip, and humping a Capri rodeo camper, www.dbarleather.com
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.