How to Lift Cheap - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to Lift Cheap

I don't know a ton about these trucks so I'm trying to learn. I know however that the words lift and cheap don't usually go together.

What I have is a 1996 Ford F-250 Extended Cab long bed. 7.3L Powerstroke. 4x4. The rear end just had new hangers and shackles with a brand new 5 leaf pack which I believe is more like the f350 leaves. The front has an add a leaf so 3 up there. Non solid axle. I am running 33's.

What I am wanting to do is get about 2 more inches of lift on it. I know from reading other posts that blocks in the front seem to be a bad idea.

Any ideas on how to get about another 2 inches. And also what will not reach and need to be modified? Steering?

Thanks for all the help!
BamBam1067 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam1067 View Post
I don't know a ton about these trucks so I'm trying to learn. I know however that the words lift and cheap don't usually go together.

What I have is a 1996 Ford F-250 Extended Cab long bed. 7.3L Powerstroke. 4x4. The rear end just had new hangers and shackles with a brand new 5 leaf pack which I believe is more like the f350 leaves. The front has an add a leaf so 3 up there. Non solid axle. I am running 33's.

What I am wanting to do is get about 2 more inches of lift on it. I know from reading other posts that blocks in the front seem to be a bad idea.

Any ideas on how to get about another 2 inches. And also what will not reach and need to be modified? Steering?

Thanks for all the help!
There really isn't a cheap way to lift the F250 due to the front axle. About the only way is to go with lift springs & drop center pivot brackets. You may need longer shocks & brake lines too.
For the rear, if you still have the stock 2" F250 blocks, you could swap those out for 4" F350 blocks.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

You can add some Add-a-leafs to the front for 2"-3" lift, but it will be a stiff ride.
30k original mile(now 79k) 97 F-250 CCSB, 7.3l PSD, S&B intake, 4" SS Diamond Eye exhaust w/o muffler, PHP tuned TS-6 chip, 7.3L Al. tank SD CAC, John Wood built E4OD, 6.0L F-550 Tranny cooler, Mag-Hytec trans pan, 4.10 gears, Dana 60 Front, 08 SD rear diff cover, 285/75R16 BFG's, stock 16" Alcoa's, AutoMeter 3 gauge pillar pod, Desert Runner Fab rear bumper with swing-out tire carrier, Line-X'd bed, dual Optima's, Valley class V hitch, Air-Ride overload bags.
mikevyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You can't...your steering will be messed up and so would be your alinement...save your $$ towards a D60 swap.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (15)
I run Tuff-Country EZ-Ride 2.5" lift in all my F-250's the sit a bit higher then the stock F-350's with out getting out of hand. Ill take a TTB with this kit over a Dana 60 any day the ride is much better then the 60 and great (for a truck) IMO. And im not bias look at my sig i own many of bolth. If you wan"t 10" of lift and 40" tires then a 60 swap is in order!
  • 97' F-250HD 4x4 7.3 EC,SB 5 speed
  • 96' F-250 Centurion 4dr bronco 4x4 7.3
  • 96' F-350 4x4 7.3 SC, LB
  • 95' F-350 4x4 7.5 460 CC,LB
  • 94' F350 4x4 7.3 N/A under cont./ referb.
  • 94' F350 4x4 7.3 turbo, dually auto
  • 86' F350 4x4 6.9 4spd dually dump
  • 85' F350 4x4 6.9 w/banks sidewinder
  • 85' F350 2wd 6.9
  • 06' Mercury Mountineer
  • 05'Explorer XLT 4.6 V8
  • 93'&(2)94'Taurus SHO 3.0 5-speed
TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL!
kaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey I have a 1997 Ford F250 Ext Cab 4x4 Looking to do a leveling kit or small lift any help would be great Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Save ur money and get rid of that crap 250 front suspension and get the d60 up there it will make life ALOT easier
Aw9414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Kaquinn...ya really need to drive a OBS with a D60/RS SD spring swap...we can get our trucks with a D60 to ride even better than a SD..been doing it for over 12 years.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.