Humvee tires - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Humvee tires

Hey all I'm looking to replace my tires on my f350, i have 16.5 rims and tires for this size are almost obsolete, i have found a few sites on eBay that sell used Humvee tires, (37x12.5x16.5) now has anybody use or has used these tires on there trucks...Thx Ozzy
ozzyedd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

You will need a lift to clear them.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

You could probably pick up a set of 16" rims at a local salvage yard and use any tire you want or is the bolt pattern different between the 2 rims?. I thought Ford quit using the 16.5" rim before our trucks were made.
AaronSEIA

97 F350 4 door dually, E4OD, DIY intake
only exhaust is stock DP
flatbed
gutless wonder, I want my 94 back!!!
AaronSEIA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyedd View Post
Hey all I'm looking to replace my tires on my f350, i have 16.5 rims and tires for this size are almost obsolete, i have found a few sites on eBay that sell used Humvee tires, (37x12.5x16.5) now has anybody use or has used these tires on there trucks...Thx Ozzy
From experience: they WILL NOT balance. After POUNDS of weight we never got them to... I agree with arron... Get some 16's.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

i kinda like the rims I'm using now, and I've read that the Bias ply 36x12.50.16.5's won't balance, but the 37x12.50 x12.50's are radials, as far as clearance goes I've got 6in lifts all round with almost worn 35's on it now.....
ozzyedd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I must be about the only one on here still running them. The wheels on my 96 are the original eagle alloys from a family members late 70's ford. I've run both the bias ply 36 and im on my second set of the radial 37's the 36's only lasted about 15k but where better off-road. The last 37's i had on went about 60k but had bad wear due to the dana 50. the truck sees mostly farm life now but during college saw trips with trailers to both coast and everything in between. Depending on what front springs you have you might only need to space the bumper. Im not sure what springs came with my dana 60 but with 350 blocks it sits level. I wouldn't run any other tire but a 37x12.50R16.5 on my truck. They hold up to anything and everything. From corn stalks pulling 700 bushels of corn to a crazy guy in an s10 that thought t-boning my truck would help run me off a road. They may be heavy but they all balanced. The radials took less weight then the 31x10.5's goodyear duratraxs I put on the explorer. As for noise i have a straight pipe exhaust and a modded 7.3L the tires are the quietest thing on it.

Jon
Dana 60 37" Humvee tires, RS 9000 XL 9 way shocks, 5' ladder bars. Con OFE clutch
pyrometor and boost gauge, 4" turbo back exhaust, Tymar intake, 17 HPOP,
solid steel front and rear bumpers, in bed 100 gallon tank
car 1 daily driver
2001 540i with bilstein coil-overs and nitto invo's
car 2 back burner
1963 ford Thunderbird
work in progress C-6 and mild built 445ci FE stroker
iowaford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.