John Deere coolant eye installation & block heater ?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
John Deere coolant eye installation & block heater ??

hey
has anyone installed a coolant eye and if so could you walk me through the steps. im about to flush the system and for the first time since i bought the truck ( [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] its been below freezing here alot so not a whole lot of time to do it) and decided it would be neat to put a coolant eye on and to install the block heater that pumps the coolant directly through the engine while heating instead of heating no circulating coolant [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i ve still have to test the pump part of it yet as my friends dad found it in one of his cabinets about 25+ years old so if you know anything about installing those id appriciate some input. i think i know how to do it but i just want to be sure.
thanks
-geoff
1995 F250 XLT 4x4 7.3L Power Stroke, E40D, 3.55 LS, 296K+ miles on stock engine, BANKS 3 inch downpipe, Cabela's winter and summer grille cover, WARN premium hubs,, 2 add-a-leaves in back, 33x12.50x16.50 BFG All Terrains, Pioneer DEH-2700 CD player, Hella Dual Beam Fog/Driving Lights, DeeZee bed rails, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost guages, TSC toolbox with cargo rack on top, Front Tow Hooks
gmpt444epsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
Re: John Deere coolant eye installation & block heater ??

id test the pump first to make sure it works. but all you do is put it in line with ur coolant hose. as for the eye i couldnt help ya sorry
95 f-250 444e e4od 4X4 ex cab long bed 3.55ls White Knight Reverse Lights, AIC, FORD seatcovers, AFE STAGE2 INTAKE, 3" downpipe 4" exhuast, EDGE Evolution 100hp setting, auto meter ultra lite pyro, tranny and boost gauges, .177bb in FPR, amsoil atf in transmission & tcase, amsoil syn gear lube in rear diff, bilstien shocks, fog lights, 1000cca batteries
************future mods*******************
intercooler, smaller turbo housing, window tinting
03 vw jetta tdi stock for now
traxmedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Look here JD Coolant Eye
Look towards the bottom of the page.
Rick H...
HIS
96 F250 4x4 auto super cab.
TS 4 Pos Chip, addaLeaf, Boss 8'-6" plow, , DIY AIC, Tymar DP, gutted EBPV, JS IDM, Tymar Intake, 4" Open exhaust, trio a-pillar gauges + 6 overhead gauges. TruCool 4590 Tran Cooler. On board air with dual horns. 4 corner strobes. AC mod with Twist, ISSPro Turbo Temp Monitor, Power Pedel mod, turbo ped mod, Warn Lock-outs, Swamps 175/173 99 IC & GTS Pipe Kit,Snow Performance Water/Meth inj (NOT hooked up!), chicken to use it!
Garmin GPS,Toughbook Laptop, All Mode Ham Radio.
HERS
97 F250 CC SWB 100% stock and going to stay that way! I lied, Shimmed, Tymar Intake. I lied again, kat dead! More lies.. 3" DP, Gutted EBPV, Turbo Pedistal Mod. Dyno'd 263 hp
[color:"RED"] RDRCM#20 [/color]
RickHredf250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
and to install the block heater that pumps the coolant directly through the engine while heating instead of heating no circulating coolant

[/ QUOTE ] I would think that the block temp would not get nearly as high if the coolant is "flowing" (pumped) through the radiator. Unless that thing has a really big (and expensive to run) heating element, I would pass on a circulating block heater. There will be convection currents with a normal block heater, but I suspect that the heat loss from the radiator would be much less as most of the convection currents will be "in" the block. Some does flow through the radiator also.
1994 E-350 RB 5.8gas 4X4Quigley cargo 4.09 arb-locker f/r 35x12.5-16.5 or 285/75-16.,,, 1997 E-350 EB 5.4gas 4X4Quigley Sportsmobile camper 4.10 arb front, L/S rear 285/75-16/front 33X12.5-16.5/rear ><>J
toalpi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

ya thanks guys. as far as the inline heater pump it takes the 1000 watts so its pretty much the same but before after i install it i am going to see if it makes any diference in starting and how warm the coolant is. if it makes no difference i might stick with it or take it out. by the way should the pump sit below the intake to insure that the pump won't "starve"?
thanks again
-geoff
1995 F250 XLT 4x4 7.3L Power Stroke, E40D, 3.55 LS, 296K+ miles on stock engine, BANKS 3 inch downpipe, Cabela's winter and summer grille cover, WARN premium hubs,, 2 add-a-leaves in back, 33x12.50x16.50 BFG All Terrains, Pioneer DEH-2700 CD player, Hella Dual Beam Fog/Driving Lights, DeeZee bed rails, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost guages, TSC toolbox with cargo rack on top, Front Tow Hooks
gmpt444epsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.