Question about rims - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about rims

I have searched everywhere all night trying to find the answer but I finally got tired and figured I would just ask.

My dana 60 is going in in the next couple weeks so I am looking for new tires and rims now. (my tires now are shot but i refused to spend the money until the dana 60 was in)

I have a 4 inch lift and I just want to make sure 18X12's are going to fit I don't really know what tires I am going with I have 35s right now but I think I am going down to 33s. Any idea's on what size tires I should go with? I already rub a little with 35s and I don't really want to deal with it again I just want 12 wides.
Slow01lightning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you rub on one side only you need a adj track bar...12" wide IMO way to wide for a 12.5" tire...but your truck.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

12" wide wheels??? What tire is 33" high and needs a 12" wheel? Are there 395/25-18 tires available? Look into the ratflex tires and wheels. They are not 12" wide, but offset 12" meaning they stick out 12" out the sides, then to get 26" height, run a 255/15-18. 255/15 tire may not be great on a 12" wide wheel. Hopefully the 395/25 is a common size.
1997 F350CC, 4x4, PSD Tipper pro kleenex open filter. Roggen 6" lift kit with 26" ratflex 12" offset tires. Downpipe cut and welded to adapt 3" into a 12" outlet. 12" muffler cut and adapted to 2", then a special turbo manifold from a volkswagon modified to flank out to 3" to the tail pipe. Interior from a Corvair modified by cutting 6" off the padding. Snize and snide 32gallon aux tank mounted in rear seat, rear seat relocated to bed. Bed shortened to 4ft.

Last edited by RonKZ650; 01-02-2013 at 10:29 PM.
RonKZ650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I could have not understand your size. Maybe you are using 18" wide 12" wheels? In this case get the popular 405/55-12 size. Tirerack.com has tons of tires in this size, but for a 18" wide wheel you would really want around a 625 tire, but doubt that size is easy to find.
1997 F350CC, 4x4, PSD Tipper pro kleenex open filter. Roggen 6" lift kit with 26" ratflex 12" offset tires. Downpipe cut and welded to adapt 3" into a 12" outlet. 12" muffler cut and adapted to 2", then a special turbo manifold from a volkswagon modified to flank out to 3" to the tail pipe. Interior from a Corvair modified by cutting 6" off the padding. Snize and snide 32gallon aux tank mounted in rear seat, rear seat relocated to bed. Bed shortened to 4ft.
RonKZ650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.