RSK?!?!? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RSK?!?!?

I have a 1997 F350 4x4 and im going with the PMF 2.25" RSK. Which leaf spring do you recommend X code or V code? Whats the difference in the 2?

Thanks

OLD TRUCK2003 Ford F250, 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel, Fx4, Lariat, 4" Skyjacker Lift, 35" Nitto All-Terrains, 18" XD Rims, 7" Aussie Matte Black Stacks, Smoked Headlights, Cab Lights, Mirror and Taillights
westcoast4121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)
I did the 2.25 RSK. Very happy with the kit but not happy with the ride. I went with Bilsteins and V code springs but the ride is too soft for my liking. It is better than stock though especially when hitting bumps. The worst is when towing a trailer I get a lot of front end bounce. If I could have gotten X codes I think it would have been better. I don't want to run duel shocks but I may have to to stiffen the ride.
96 F350 4x4 XLT 7.3 59,428 orig miles, Stage I's, Adrenaline, IDM, gutted EBPV, Tymar intake, Banks intercooler, downpipe, gauges, TW 4 position chip, John Wood Towmaster, Ford 08 diff cover, Oil gauge mod, Electric fuel conversion, RSK, OH console, Durn cat done run off an I can't find it.

It is better to have a lobster on your piano than to have a crab on your organ
JoeDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Get ahold of Caryt on the forums here. He is the suspension expert.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Did ur truck sit level when u did your kit?

OLD TRUCK2003 Ford F250, 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel, Fx4, Lariat, 4" Skyjacker Lift, 35" Nitto All-Terrains, 18" XD Rims, 7" Aussie Matte Black Stacks, Smoked Headlights, Cab Lights, Mirror and Taillights
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have installed an rsk,.....about six years ago, and still love it. I also installed air bags in the rear with stock springs, at 30 psi, the truck sits level, and when I'm towing (10k lbs.), I can add more air to improve driveability.
1997 F-350 XLT, 4wd, crew cab, E-4OD,TDE-1, 4:10's
jimzpsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I was looking for the x code spring and i came across this X Code Leaf Spring 1999-2004 Ford F250SD, F350SD 4wd - Leaf Spring (Front) [43-818] | $109.95

Is this right?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
NEVER but any springs from anywhere but a Ford dealer..others will not be the same.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

I see people putting b code springs in the rear. What would i have 2 do to make them fit? Does that make the truck sit pretty level? Sorry 4 all the questions

Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Redrill the hangers and shackles to fit SD spring bolts...we first did this to a OBS in 99.

Our RS kit V and B codes with a F350block will set level and clear 35" tires.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast4121 View Post
Did ur truck sit level when u did your kit?
I did the B codes in the back but the truck still sits just a hair higher in the front. Might have to do airbags to even out the ride.
96 F350 4x4 XLT 7.3 59,428 orig miles, Stage I's, Adrenaline, IDM, gutted EBPV, Tymar intake, Banks intercooler, downpipe, gauges, TW 4 position chip, John Wood Towmaster, Ford 08 diff cover, Oil gauge mod, Electric fuel conversion, RSK, OH console, Durn cat done run off an I can't find it.

It is better to have a lobster on your piano than to have a crab on your organ
JoeDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

So you don't have to move the brackets just drill the hole to fit a bigger bolt. How much does the b code springs raise the rear?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Should stay the same..all depends on conditions of old and new springs.

Cary
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDown View Post
I did the 2.25 RSK. Very happy with the kit but not happy with the ride. I went with Bilsteins and V code springs but the ride is too soft for my liking. It is better than stock though especially when hitting bumps. The worst is when towing a trailer I get a lot of front end bounce. If I could have gotten X codes I think it would have been better. I don't want to run duel shocks but I may have to to stiffen the ride.
I agree on the ride disappointment, my truck rides better than before but too soft for me, seems to floaty. Also I get more lean when going around corners than I like.

97 f350 4x4 crew cab long bed,Sky 3" RSK with V & B codes, Bilsteins, 33" toyo's, Tymar Intake,mbrp 4" straight exhaust,Isspro EV gauges, shimmed IPR,more to come...........

Also 66 bronco frame off restoration in
progress......77 flh Harley shovelhead
01 Excursion Family Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Add a rear sway bar to the OBS...will fix the sway. Correct Bilsteins shouldn't be to soft or bounce when towing...

Cary
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDown View Post
I went with Bilsteins and V code springs but the ride is too soft for my liking. It is better than stock though especially when hitting bumps. The worst is when towing a trailer I get a lot of front end bounce.
Which Bilsteins, the yellow ones? If so those are just stock replacements. Gotta go with the 5100s to get any benefit.
Snowtow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.