Superchips Max Micro tuner 1700? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Superchips Max Micro tuner 1700?

The 95 F350 I just bought came with a Superchips Max Micro Tuner #1700. I know very little about these and I've been looking at ebay trying to get an idea on if it'd be worth it to sell and all I see are #'s 1704 and 1705. I know that the 1700 is made for 94 to 2002 or atleast that's want the box and papers I have say.

What are the diff. between the model #'s? I'm guesing that the 1704-1705 are the new version software but I'm sure. Are they better cause I'm not impressed with this tuner, I don't have anything to compare it too other then switching it from stock, tow, and offroad settings. I can see very little power gains between stock and offroad. If I would have paid what these sell for new I would have been really pissed.

Thanks

Steven
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
RTT

Re: Superchips Max Micro tuner 1700?

FWIW: I bought a 1700...I called SuperChhips.
The rep told me it is the same as the 1705 ??!!
Not sure about all that...
He also told me I would be fine running stock down pipe
towing in the "safe tow" mode.
I must admit I have a NEW truck now...LOL

Anyone else know anything ??
Old 04-24-2007, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

1704's are for the 6oh powerstroke. 1705's are a newer version for our trucks. They can read DTC's where the 1700 can't. Some 1705's have 3 programs and some have 2. I have a 1705 but use it only to read codes. Sell the tuner and call tony Wildman and get a multi pos. chip. By far better than the tuner.

RTT, I would get a set of gauges if your towing with that tuner. My egt's were pretty hot when I run my tuner.
1996 F-250 PSD CC SB 4x4, 5spd, 4:10's SMF clutch, 3" dp, gauges, 6oh intercooler(GTS Kit), Tymar intake, HPX, .84a/r housing, 203* stat, 4pos Wildman chip!
ltfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
RTT

[ QUOTE ]
1704's are for the 6oh powerstroke. 1705's are a newer version for our trucks. They can read DTC's where the 1700 can't. Some 1705's have 3 programs and some have 2. I have a 1705 but use it only to read codes. Sell the tuner and call tony Wildman and get a multi pos. chip. By far better than the tuner.

RTT, I would get a set of gauges if your towing with that tuner. My egt's were pretty hot when I run my tuner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do tow and that was reason for lookling for more power..
SC rep also said I would be fine with "tow mode" with other stock pieces..I was going to buy a 3" DP but now going for EGT gauge first. I have been running synsetic trans fluid for a while now...
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.