Texas Style Bumper Plans - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 1994-1997 Ford F-Series with Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Texas Style Bumper Plans

I seem to remember some guys posting up plans, drawings of their custom front bumpers, but I can't find anything now. Our body style would be best, but Super Duty styles would give me ideas too and we may try to build one for my bro's truck after we do mine.

Thanks...Chris
1997 F-350 PSD/CC/3.55/SRW/E4OD, 4x4, Banks Powerpack, HyperMax Stage I injectors, H2 turbo, BTS Tranny, Hayden 679, Open element intake, CA spring, 5" exhaust, Sky Reverse Shackle Kit, Rancho RSX's, Putnam class V hitch, Reese Goose & Fifth wheel
Puller #2: 1992 F-350 460/CC/4.10/BTS E4OD/dually/K&N'd/Thorley Tri-Y'd/JET chipped
RIP: 1992 Ranger show truck on 40" Boggers - Lil-Toe
1991 Ranger under construction, 5.0/AOD/D44/9" - Lil-Toe II
lil toe puller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2005, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Re: Texas Style Bumper Plans

Chris,
You are more than welcome to take pictures of mine or drawings at mod day, I will be there. I would even just come over when you want to build it and help so you can have a pattern if you would like.

Chris

97 F-350 CCLB BTS built trans and motor w/cryoed block,rods,and Mahle pistons, Hypermax rev kit and inconel valves, 238/100 hybrid injectors, ARP head studs, WOP bottom end girdle and 3" intakes, BTS twin HPOP's and modded H2E. Tuned by Cale@Tyrant Diesel
Truck pics at ytee1100's photos and albums on webshots

SLAPS Treasurer

<font color="red"> #5 </font>
ytee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2005, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
Chris,
You are more than welcome to take pictures of mine or drawings at mod day, I will be there. I would even just come over when you want to build it and help so you can have a pattern if you would like.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I plan on it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm just trying to get a few more ideas, specs so when I do sit down to figure mine out that I get it how I want it...Chris
1997 F-350 PSD/CC/3.55/SRW/E4OD, 4x4, Banks Powerpack, HyperMax Stage I injectors, H2 turbo, BTS Tranny, Hayden 679, Open element intake, CA spring, 5" exhaust, Sky Reverse Shackle Kit, Rancho RSX's, Putnam class V hitch, Reese Goose & Fifth wheel
Puller #2: 1992 F-350 460/CC/4.10/BTS E4OD/dually/K&N'd/Thorley Tri-Y'd/JET chipped
Old 04-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you look in "My Truck" link below and go to front bumper you can see some photos of the step by step building of my front bumper, my rear one is done but I dont have any photos of it up yet, and I did take any along the way, any information I can help you with just let me know

stay safe out there
Roy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

96 C.C.XLT, SRW, Short Bed, 3:55, Rebuit E4OD with Transgo shift kit & Tru-Cool Max cooler, Home made Open Air Element, H-Max downpipe, 4" straight piped, Tony's Wildmans 4 position chip, A-Piller with Auto Meter Z-Serries Pryo, EGT, and Trannie gauages, Gooseneck, Ride-Rite Air bags, Nerf Bars, Home built custom headache rack, 60 Gallon Aux. fuel tank, front bumper,and rear bumper....

Member of IAFF Local 2362 (International Association of FireFighters)
My Truck
Work Truck
Firedude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)

FIREDUDE

did you use a ranch hand brush gaurd for the brush gaurd on yours? or did you make that also?

im getting ready to build mine but cant find the dang time.......

00 F350 4X4 CC

RIP CHRIS. 03/09/05

http://community.webshots.com/user/barebackjake
barebackjake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I fabricated everthing myself [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img], now I did use the ranch hand type as a "guide" there were some personal touches in it, in the photo album you can see when I had got the "push guard" on in the 3rd and 4th from the end from there I just added the headlight guards which was a real pain [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bleh.gif[/img] I had never bent tubeing before so that was a eye opening experience [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] wasted about 15' of tubeing before I had two pieces alike. Now that I have the rear one done this summer I will pull both of them off and sandblast and paint them with a good quailty automotive paint [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stay safe out there
Roy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

96 C.C.XLT, SRW, Short Bed, 3:55, Rebuit E4OD with Transgo shift kit & Tru-Cool Max cooler, Home made Open Air Element, H-Max downpipe, 4" straight piped, Tony's Wildmans 4 position chip, A-Piller with Auto Meter Z-Serries Pryo, EGT, and Trannie gauages, Gooseneck, Ride-Rite Air bags, Nerf Bars, Home built custom headache rack, 60 Gallon Aux. fuel tank, front bumper,and rear bumper....

Member of IAFF Local 2362 (International Association of FireFighters)
My Truck
Work Truck
Firedude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

heres some good advice sand blastem and skip the auto paint, take em to a powder coater. lot better and stronger finish and its only about $100 bux around here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
cummins359 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks, Firedude, those are very helpful. Nice job too.

I've thought of the powdercoat idea too, but may go with bedliner spray instead, it depends. I also may end up using alum. diamond tread for my top piece for the looks and a little less weight.

Thanks guys...Chris
Old 04-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

check my pics out, i did mine
1956 F-250 Project Stroke

1996 F-250 Powerstoke Diesel XLT,
open element air filter, H2E turbo, Custom Tranny, 6.0 Charge air cooler, Swamp 175/173 squirts, TW Chip and some other neat stuff.

1999 F-450 4x4 11ft flatbed, soon to have a 6k crane for my mechanic jobs. Bone stock.

2002 F-150 Supercrew daily commuter

WEBSHOTS--&gt;http://community.webshots.com/user/dieselwiezil
--&gt;http://houstonareapowerstrokes.com
DieselWiezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Built mine several years ago for my '00 SD PSD. Recently retrofitted it to my '96. Prior to installation I had it sandblasted and Line-X'ed. A buddy owns the Line-X shop here, so it was free, but I'd bet it would be under $100, and the stuff is bulletproof.

If you want a pattern I'd be happy to trace mine and send you a copy; PM me &amp; I'll email pix (haven't gotten to the Webshots stage yet).

Josh R
'96 F350 XLT CC 4x4 PSD auto LWB 4.10 open, white, open intake, Tymar HX, 3"DPP downpipe, 315 General A/T on factory Alcoas, F add-a-leaf, new alt x3, fuel pump x3, water pump x2, vac pump x 3, PS pump x3, SD starter x3, rebuilt seats, total poly bushing kit, serious noise reduction, new tan interior and vinyl floor, Bilsteins, Bean's Stage 1s, Tony Wildman 4-pos chip (wow), etc ad infinitum, old black Lab in backseat, locally rebuilt tranny & new TC @ 211k, complete body 'makeover' and repaint @ 213k, new fast-spool turbo 7/11, 307k miles on 18 Oct '13; probably won't run forever but neither will I
JoshR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
check my pics out, i did mine

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work also, I can see this project ending up being my excuse to buy a plasma cutter though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]

Josh, thanks, pm sent...Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > Power Strokes 1994-1997 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.