The Diesel Stop banner

A unistacker?? Opinions please

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  ford86 
#1 ·
i'm thinkin of puttin a single 5 in turn out stack on my psd in the passenger side of the bed... anyone else runnin like this? Guess it was my lucky day today i found the stack along side the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gifPSD gods were smilin on me i guess, a stacks been on my wish list, but not my budget list for a long time.... needs alittle tlc but it will work till i have money for a brand new shinier one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Will a single 5ver sound ok?

Thanks
Neal

See less See more
#2 ·
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Just me. it'll sound good, look funny.

Maybe mount it underneath as a single side shooter till you get another.

Diesel Rod

#3 ·
I think one stack would look cool. I havent done it because my wife said it wouldnt look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif what does she know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif shes standing right by me reading this. Anyway I think one would look fine, if you do it send me a pic so I can sell the idea to the ole lady! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

#4 ·
I think one stack looks good. Of course more is better but I would consider one gi-normous stack as well if/when I ever stack mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif Probably a straight cut with a flapper cap on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#5 ·
If one is good, 2 is definately better, though I would say one is cool if ya can't afford 2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif BTW- I wonder what 3 would look like, LOL!

Dave

#6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a straight cut with a flapper cap on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the only kind of stack I'd ever run.

Miter cuts are hard to make look right, IMO. Too tall and you truck looks like a rabbit with chrome ears. Too short and they soot everything up.

#7 ·
I think two stacks looks absolutely ridiculous. But that would be the functionality in me coming out. How can you justify running Stack(s) when you only have ONE turbine discharge outlet? I guess I'm the only one who has the kind of pride that doesn't let me run "Dual exhaust" on a gasser where it just splits from the muffler, lol. Or put a huge chrome tip on that you can clearly see drop back down to tiny little pipe 10" earlier, lol. It's so cheap and fake. Stacks (plural) on a truck would be the poster child of phony exhaust systems. Everyone knows you split the exhaust stream to run it to both sides. Looks just as stupid on a light truck as it does on a Semi. REAL trucks have one exhaust outlet if they only have one at the engine. If I EVER ran a stack to keep the soot off of everyone behind me, I'd run a SINGLE 5" 45* cut on the pass. side just like the pipe I have exiting behind the tire, just going vertical.

For light diesels, the whole enfatuation with Dual stacks stems from the wannabe Semi attitude. But what made the Semi's do it initially? Was it that before turbo chargers were commonplace, people were running one from each exhaust manifold? And then after turbos came along, people just kept running two out of stupidity or what? Either way, it has no place in function. On a single turbo truck with one discharge outlet it's fake and bs.

I don't accept the argument from the point of asthetics either. Blower belts with huge scoops coming through the hood look cool too, so why don't we cut a hole in the hood and have a fake blower intake and fake belt running to it?

(That's just .02 from the way I see things, obviously not intended to dispute views to the contrary, just my thoughts)

Charlie

#8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
For light diesels, the whole enfatuation with Dual stacks stems from the wannabe Semi attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

That holds true for stacks in general. The ONLY time I see stack(s) needed is for a truck that is set up so that it pours the smoke out so as to direct the smoke away from line of sight. This is especially important when drag raceing so as to not smoke out the lights and to keep from blowing smokeing out cars in the other lane.

#9 ·
#10 ·
im pretty down with the single 5" stack offsett. saw a dodge with one the other day and thought it was pretty sweet. damn toolbox/shortbed..

#11 ·
A guy here in town (also a dieselstopper) run on 5" stack (painted flat black) that came off of a CAT scraper...it has a 45* bend in it at the top and i think it looks sweet. If I did any kind of stack setup it would be that....

-Casey

#12 ·
Well i am gunna do it as soon as i can afford the piping needed to do it... that stuff is $$$$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif and being in college with limited income does not help... didnt realize how much it was till i priced some pieces like 90* bends and size adapters

Neal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.