93 F250 7.3 idi on WVO - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
93 F250 7.3 idi on WVO

Hello,

I'm having some issues with my veg conversion :

I'm using a two tank system, heated fuel pickup, in line prefilter, heated veg filter under the hood, and FPHE. I'm using a new stock mechanical lift pump for both fuels, which most people say works just fine. But - when i open the air bleed valve on my veg filter, a lot of air is apparent, and eventually after about 45 minutes of highway driving, the truck will stall due to all the air in the system. Runs fine on diesel. Any advice?

Today i tried connecting the lift pump directly to a bucket of clean veg, but the same amount of air is seen when we open the air bleed valve on the veg filter. Both filters are new and clean, veg is settled then filtered to 1 micron.
dcullen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)
If you don't have problems on diesel, then the problem must be somewhere around your veg filter. Remove it and re-seal all the fittings. I like to use rectorseal #5, it's good for just about everything (water, gas, diesel, etc etc)
drinkypoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re check all your hose clamps to be sure they arent allowing air to be pulled in ( that problem would happen before the lift pump.) . check all your hoses again on both sides of the solenoids to make sure they are hooked up to the correct ports and check for kinks in the fuel line. I had that happen once and it drove me crazy trying to figure out the problem. Do you have any other problems with the system? are you using a 6 port or 2 three port solenoids? check to see if you tank hasnt slide and piched a hose.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.