The Diesel Stop banner

'93 f350 dually no start

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Snotzalot 
#1 ·
I just bought a '93 F350 7.3 Turbo Diesel dually. the truck was running great....no problems...... started up fine! I changed the fuel filter................the truck will not restart. i did not prime the fuel filter so i thought that might be the problem.....................i primed the fuel filter but it still will not start. when i pulled the filter off to prime it ....there was fuel in there but the filter was not full. i am going to try some new batteries because the batteries are not in the best shape. can i try some starting fiuld to try to help it start? HELP ME!:icon_mad:

#2 ·
Sounds like the classic symptoms with the fuel system.

You've probably got a leak somewhere and your sucking air.

Another possibility is to check the Fuel Shutoff Solenoid in the IP. The way to check it is... have someone turn the key to the on position in the truck while you listen for an audible click from the IP.

If you suspect that's the problem... see if the connection for the power wire for the FSS is good, and if that doesn't work, then use a jumper wire from the battery to the FSS to make sure it's getting power.

#3 ·
do not use starting fluid!!!sounds like you got air in the system.you should have filled the fuel filter wth fuel before you installed it.your going to have to bleed the lines.when cranking the starter do not run the starter for more then 12 seconds then a 2 minute rest or you will burn out the starter$$$

#4 ·
Fill the fuel filter, open some injection lines, floor it and crank away. watch for fuel to come out at the injectors, then tighten the lines, and she should start right up.

#5 ·
Press the schrader valve on the filter while cranking until fuel runs out, then fire it up, you probably won't need to crack the fuel lines. Your batteries need to be charged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.