94 -250 glow plug relay wiring color codes - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94 -250 glow plug relay wiring color codes

I have put on as new relay and have the wires all mixed up and cant find a wiring diagram for my colors of wire. WHite with a large terminal end , a small red wire, yellow wire, a double green and red set , a total of 4 wires that I asume all go on small posts?? I need Help new to site and seems like lots of help here. Thanks in advance, were does the ground wire hookup too? All of the wiring diagrams dont have my color combination? Was able to jump start it last night and now the glow plug start light on dash wont come on now?

Last edited by travelsclown; 03-10-2010 at 03:39 PM.
travelsclown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Welcome to the Diesel Stop

Is this what you need? Ground is attached to one of the valve cover hold down bolts on mine (turbo model) and my controller is on top of the P/S valve cover. If the ground is different then someone will chime in soon enough.
Attached Thumbnails
94 -250 glow plug relay wiring color codes-glow-plug-controller.jpg  
1994 F-350 7.3 IDI Turbo, crew cab, E4OD,4:10 L/S, LB, Dually Photos
ATS Turbo upgrades: 3" DP with 3" exhaust Magnaflow XL muffler: Pictures Here
2012 Copper Canyon 273 FWRET w/2 slides, Air Lift 5000 bags
Pillar pod: Autometer C2 Series gauges: pyro,trans, boost, water, oil pressure
Hypermax Cowl induction, K&N air filter, flex-a-lite 26K trans cooler with fan,Tekonsha prodigy
Train Horns: Pictures here

PM please not visitor message
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (13)
We've all passed that picture around alot, I wonder where it came from, seems like I saw it on FTE one day too.

That green wire is actually terminating under the metal strip at the top right of the picture. The yellow is terminating under the metal strip at the solenoid end.

I'm not sure if that white wire drawn in is quite right or not, you can see there is a white wire from that same post that goes to the controller, that one is correct but maybe there are two.

One thing to watch is that sometimes the white wire and the yellow wire can be easy to mistake since the white one might look a little yellow. I think that the one that is supposed to be white will have continuity to the ground wire until the controller turns off the GPs.

The ground just needs to be grounded good to the block.
Plywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
controller must be bad

Only way to get truck started is to ground out the terminal on relay. So I ill have to hook up a push botton on dash to make it run???????
travelsclown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (13)
That can work too, just run a wire from where the white wire is attached to a switch in the truck and then to ground.
Just be carefull not to hold it on too long, in your case you will still have the wavy metal band resistor, so 8-15 seconds for a cold engine depending on how cold it is outside. Less if the engine is still warm.
Plywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.