Bleeding Clutch Master Cylinder. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bleeding Clutch Master Cylinder.

Can't find it using the search.
There isn't a bleeding valve.
So how does one do it.
86 F-350 2-wd, Crewcab longbed with 90's 7.3 turbodiesel, 5 speed with transfer case for 4-wd, 3.55 rear end, Ranch-Hand rear bumper with welded on receiver hitch, leather seats, custom leather steering wheel, complete AC conversion (not modified R12 componets, works GOOD), 40G tank, holley red fuel pump, ATS upgrades, Racor fuel filter, tinted windows, good rubber, all gauges replaced, wood dash insert holding aftermarket gauges, Kenwood stereo. Needs some body work and paint, but a solid daily driver. Has been my daily driver for last few years. Mileage unknown due to the speedometer change. Truck bed is from a newer model truck. Items in the bed come with the truck and include a 40 gallon tank (not hooked up), airflow tailgate and service ramps.

Pictures avalialible at http://leefrankpierce.homedns.org/cgi-bin/full_thumbls

pudman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)
Re: Bleeding Clutch Master Cylinder.

If it were me, I'd stick a E4OD in there. When ya git 'er dun, ya kin cum upn here an kick my arse [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]. Sorry Tex, I know next to nuthin' 'bout dem thar rowin' gizmos. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img] OkieGringo
<font color="red">1987 F350, 4X4, Crew Cab, DRW, w/'91 7.3 TURBO-CHARGED BY ATS, no-Wastegate(Turbo rebuilt by me 7/2005)</font>, <font color="blue">E4OD Auto, Aux Trans Cooler w/12" fan, w/Baumann Programable Trans Computer-12/05</font>, Rebuilt Injection Pump-2/03, Electric Fuel Pump, Coolant Filter, "BajaGringo Block Drains, 5-Row Radiator Core-9/04, 2 New Plastic Fuel Tanks w/new Sending Units/Pickups, Fuel Filler Neck Mods, Air Ram Intake, Air-Lift SuperDuty AirBags with Smart Lift Auto Leveling-7/2005 <font color="blue">Link to Photo of "OkieGringo Idler Pulley"</font>
<font color="red">Link to GP Controller Diagram</font> <font color="blue">Link to "Electric Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram"</font>
OkieGringo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)

I just did a "outside of the box" writeup on it over at oil burners. go over there and do a search on it there.
92 f350 CC 7.3IDI, ATSturbo*intercooled*, ZF5, hydrostop, 4X2 "the nebuchadnezzar"
...Quack Quack................*P.A.K.*...
red pill or the blue pill? make your choice and pm me.
7/03 mini meet pics
towcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Its a pain in the ass. You have to bleed the system throught the slave. Do you have a bleed scew on the slave? If not this is what you do:

This is a 2 man job, one guy under the truck one guy at the engine compartment. Pull the slave off the tranny with the push rod facing down. take the cap off the master and make sure its full of fluid. Leave the cap off. Now pump the slave slowly until no air bubbles can be seen in the master resavor. Once there are no bubbles hold the push rod all the way into the slave and put the cap back on the master. then reinstall the slave. Go pump the clutch and see how ya did.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

FX4, I just put your answer in my "Library" for future answers. Is that ok with you? OkieGringo
<font color="red">1987 F350, 4X4, Crew Cab, DRW, w/'91 7.3 TURBO-CHARGED BY ATS, no-Wastegate(Turbo rebuilt by me 7/2005)</font>, <font color="blue">E4OD Auto, Aux Trans Cooler w/12" fan, w/Baumann Programable Trans Computer-12/05</font>, Rebuilt Injection Pump-2/03, Electric Fuel Pump, Coolant Filter, "BajaGringo Block Drains, 5-Row Radiator Core-9/04, 2 New Plastic Fuel Tanks w/new Sending Units/Pickups, Fuel Filler Neck Mods, Air Ram Intake, Air-Lift SuperDuty AirBags with Smart Lift Auto Leveling-7/2005 <font color="blue">Link to Photo of "OkieGringo Idler Pulley"</font>
<font color="red">Link to GP Controller Diagram</font> <font color="blue">Link to "Electric Fuel Pump Wiring Diagram"</font>
Old 01-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fine by me. I used to have a printed out sheet that had them on it but I don't know what I did with it.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you, I'll put your name on it also. OG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.