The Diesel Stop banner

Engine temp light

957 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ejstith 
#1 ·
I have a '92 F250 7.3 and yesterday the "engine temp" light came on. The engine was cold so I know it wasn't overheating. In fact, I've had the truck since brand new and I didn't even know there was an "engine temp" light on it. It has a temp gage and it reads fine. Any suggestions what may cause this? Where is the temp sensor and apparently it is different than the one that goes to the gage. Thanks

#2 ·
mine came on yesterday after i washed the motor and it started flickering after awhile but the engine was not even up to operating temp. so i unplugged the connecter to let it air out and plugged it back in and everything was good. did you clean the motor recently?

#3 ·
No hadn't cleaned the motor recently. But, I found that big sensor at the front of the head and took the plug off and squirted some cleaner on it and put it back on and after awhile it went out. Who knows? Gremlins! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif Can't complain though, it's over 14 years old an other than changing a few glow plugs, the flywheel (ouch) and a anti skid sensor on the rear axle havn't done a damned thing to it but drive it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.