The Diesel Stop banner

Has anyone installed the Cervinis Lightning ram air hood?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  IDIoit 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Their products are JUNK ! I bought one once ---- poor quality and ZERO customer service !!!!

On the other hand I have had and still do have a GoodHood on my F550 since 2001 and it still is as new !

#3 ·
If Hypermax still sells them, I would get a cowl induction from them. I have it and it works great even in heavy driving rain.

#9 ·
I thoguht about that but was worried about water constantly blowing into the engine bay, i know some comes through the radiator, but its very little compared to what i think would come through a straight through hood scoop. the one i listed is a remote mounted filter box that seals separately to the hood.

#5 · (Edited)
I saw this ram air hood and was thinking how well it might work on a turbo 7.3l. Has anyone used one? It would definitely draw cooler air and would probably sound nice

93-95 F-150 Lightning Ram Air Hood & Kit
Being as the stock ducting already allows for cool air since it's mounted above left of the radiator, and if you invest $20+/- in a Filter Minder, you'll find the stock system breathes just fine. $855 is big bucks to waste on something that has absolutely no benefit.

#8 ·
Well aesthetics is one benefit, i think the hood looks better, plus having just a pipe running across the top of the engine vs having to unbolt an air box assembly to find a leak is another. i think the turbo might sounds nicer too. I have just a 3.5" pipe with k&N filter run temporarily for now, it draws air from on top of the engine haha. I may try to reroute that closer to the front.

#6 ·
The problem with the factory turbo intake is the scoop will collapse on itself under hard acceleration. I watched it close up and that's what convinced me to change mine.

#7 ·
I'll be darned, never had that happen that I was aware of. However I did trim the lip of mine back an inch or so after installing my turbo kit to allow a little more air. Evidently it gets all the air it can digest because my Filter Minder indicator never moves from the zero restriction mark.

#10 ·
i have not had an issue, to date.
but i do have plans on boxing it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.