Marvel Mystery Oil - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Marvel Mystery Oil

Is this stuff any good for our trucks? Where can it be used... and how much should be used?

I have some that's been lying around for awhile... wouldn't mind using it.

Thank you,
Mike
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil

well im about to open a huge debate but i used it and noticed a differnce! YOu put quart of it in your crank(note: you must be a quart low so you dont over fill on oil) and then i belive there is a ratio is on the back to mix it with fuel. it wont hurt your truck at all so if youve got it throw it in and you be the judge!

-jeremy Roooster!

1991 F250 7.3l 200XXX extended cab long bed. 3.55's REDNECKED OUT!! 295/75/16 Bfg All Terrains 16 in billet rims. New front brake pads and rotors, rear shoes, glow plug controller, glow plugs, return line kit duralast batteries, mitubishi off set gear redution starter, altenator, valve cover seals, holley red pump,new injector pump, soon to be new injectors, new vacum pump. Removed soup bowl and drilled holes in air intake.

http://community.webshots.com/user/r0oster06
R0oster06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (33)

I add 4oz to each tank at fillup, or a half gal of veggie oil. Noticable idle quality improvment, not to mention it sounds better.
95" Extd Cab F250HD 4x4 DRW, /86"6.9 T19 GV o/d 3.73 axles, Hypermax Pulse turbo, intercooled / Modified Hypermax ram air induction, PowerShot 2000 LPG system "first design". Ride rites @ all 4 corners, Dana 50 mono Beam up front, Ford 10.5" in rear with 4 wheel disk brakes. Other Truck, 1983 IHC "S" with 14ton NoMar wrecker body, 30,000 GVW, 229"wb with a 340hp Detroit 6V92TA, Eaton 13spd RTO9513, 3.70 ring & pinion and LPG kit. Alcoa 22.5x8.25 with Michelin XVE 255x70x22.5
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 06:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

I use it in every thing I own, boats cars motorcycles you name it I have put MMO in it.

I put 6oz on a fill up from a quarter tank in my truck every fillup, got a little bottle I keep in the tool box, keep one in the car and motorcycles also, buy it by the gallon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1993 F-350 excab, home made stainless running boards, Z-5 tranny, Tires 235/85/16, 410 rear gear, running gear all new, new injectors on 3-06 code D, reinstalled my ATS TC4305 turbo I rebuilt myself, 3 inch downpipe with 4 inch back and out the side in front of the rear tire, 175,000 miles. Leather seats from a 2002 F 150. http://community.webshots.com/album/548525045nyuVni
Timjoann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Wow... never thought so many would use the stuff... Will go ahead and use the rest of this bottle up and see how things go.

Thank you,
Mike
Old 03-18-2005, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

Yeah it works really good. It cleans injectors and lubricates the IP. I've put it in gassers that had valve train rattle and it does a good job of taking the rattle away. MMO mixed with Lucas Oil or Power punch also works great as a lubricant when putting motors together.

2001 F-250 Powerstroke, Automatic. Zoodad mod, Airaid filter, muffler delete, Boost fooler, Edge Evolution, Turbonetics 0.84 turbo. Best 14.88@88MPH, 314hp@617trq.

1989 F-250 7.3 IDI N/A, 5 speed, no muffler. Injector Pump turned up 145*.
brett_kartracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

You ain't KIDDIN!!! Wow! I added some to my crankcase today (less than a quart to top her off) and added 4 oz to my front fuel tank.

What a difference! The truck seems smoother and seems to have more power. I'm amazed. I'm not sure why the power would seem to have increased--I'm already running Fred's hair tonic.

Maybe I should just run MMO if it is going to do this well... :-)

At less than $4.40 a quart, I can't complain.

Mike
Old 04-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)

I'll have to give it a try. I have always used Rislone. It has fixed many an engine that seemed to need rebuilt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
[b]Gunther X [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] 1988 F350, CC, DW, 7.3 IDI, non--turbo (for now),C-6, 4:10 rears, 141,000, new IP & injectors, 4" exhaust. US Gear Dual Range Aux Trans Overdrive, Headlight Mod, Coolant Filter Mod, Transferflow 45 Gal. Aft axle Tank (Have to wait a lot longer now for those UMM Necessity stops, Ouch!). Phantom Pyro.
Recently repainted (all Ford paint fals off). Pull 37' Phillips steel horse trailer GVCW 17K-21K. MPG 7-8 w/trailer, 10-12 no-trailer (sucks)
guntherx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

i wonder if we can run this isntead of power service meaning i wonder if it lubricates the ip as well?

1991 F250 7.3l 200XXX extended cab long bed. 3.55's REDNECKED OUT!! 295/75/16 Bfg All Terrains 16 in billet rims. New front brake pads and rotors, rear shoes, glow plug controller, glow plugs, return line kit duralast batteries, mitubishi off set gear redution starter, altenator, valve cover seals, holley red pump,new injector pump, soon to be new injectors, new vacum pump. Removed soup bowl and drilled holes in air intake.

http://community.webshots.com/user/r0oster06
R0oster06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Never heard of it. Wonder if I can get it here in Canada? What is it just a oil additive or for gas too?

GREG
gmdemo06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well, MMO claims to lubricate the entire fuel system, including pumps...

My truck seems so happy I'd consider driving it to school tomorrow if diesel weren't north of $2.50 a gallon here.

Mike
Old 04-05-2005, 12:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's reccomended for lubing the IP pump in my Alfa Romeo. That pump has 1500 pieces to it. About the same price as Power Service with out the cetane boost. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
Sold! 1986 F-350 XLT, Crewcab 4x4, converted to Dually, AT, Axle 39, 3.55 ratio, 7500lbs empty, aluminium wheels, K&N filter, rebuilt IP, and injectors, tach, trans oil temp gauge, chrome headers 2-1/2" exhaust to glasspacks to Magnaflow to 4" single, new headgaskets, new radiator, Mitsubishi starter, Big alternator, Big batteries, Racor R26S water seperator, Folding gooseneck hitch. 97 Taurus electric arm chair front seats, PW, PDL, using Power Service additive.

New Truck. 2005 Dodge 2wd dually, 6 speed, gets 15 mpg with 4000 lb camper and pulls any hill easily!
chumstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
I use it in every thing I own, boats cars motorcycles you name it I have put MMO in it.

I put 6oz on a fill up from a quarter tank in my truck every fillup, got a little bottle I keep in the tool box, keep one in the car and motorcycles also, buy it by the gallon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

where do y'all buy it? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Any auto store should sell it. I got mine at Kragen's. Red plastic jug. 1 quart size or 1 gallon size.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (33)

Wal-Mart / Sams club
95" Extd Cab F250HD 4x4 DRW, /86"6.9 T19 GV o/d 3.73 axles, Hypermax Pulse turbo, intercooled / Modified Hypermax ram air induction, PowerShot 2000 LPG system "first design". Ride rites @ all 4 corners, Dana 50 mono Beam up front, Ford 10.5" in rear with 4 wheel disk brakes. Other Truck, 1983 IHC "S" with 14ton NoMar wrecker body, 30,000 GVW, 229"wb with a 340hp Detroit 6V92TA, Eaton 13spd RTO9513, 3.70 ring & pinion and LPG kit. Alcoa 22.5x8.25 with Michelin XVE 255x70x22.5
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.