Performance injectors? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Performance injectors?

I've got an 88 F-450 with a 7.3 idi non turbo. My question is do they make performance injectors for it, Also I would like to find a cold air intake kit for it.
Extended Cab 94 F250 XLT 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel with a 2000 Powerstroke's intercooler, ZF5 tranny,dual disc clutch, 3 inch Lift, Eagle Alloy Wheels, 315/85/16 All Terrains, Perfect Body, Sony Head Unit, 12 inch Kicker Sub, Kicker Amp, 4 inch Turbo back to 6 inch stacks, custom intake, Best of All Mossy Oak Seat Covers Oh yeah.
6.9 Non-Turbo Lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

performance injectors they make but some are problematic. The cold air intake you will have to fab up yourself.. I did work great...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Okay well my injectors are kinda toast I think. See my truck throws the kinda smoke I don't want, the dreaded blue and white. And how do I make the cold air intake? I ran it minus the air cleaner and it felt like a totally different truck it even sounded alot more powerful upon acceleration and I want it like that without the risk of dust and water damage.
Extended Cab 94 F250 XLT 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel with a 2000 Powerstroke's intercooler, ZF5 tranny,dual disc clutch, 3 inch Lift, Eagle Alloy Wheels, 315/85/16 All Terrains, Perfect Body, Sony Head Unit, 12 inch Kicker Sub, Kicker Amp, 4 inch Turbo back to 6 inch stacks, custom intake, Best of All Mossy Oak Seat Covers Oh yeah.
6.9 Non-Turbo Lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

sounds like your injectionpump is going south also to make it throw white smoke
94extcabf250diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

also you can buy a K&N air filter for these non turbo trucks. peformance injectors aren;t going to make your truck run any better without a turbo tho.
94extcabf250diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Really its a complete custom job, it just depends on where you have the room to put everything. I looked online for pipe and elbows that I needed when I put the 4 inch intake on mine and used a DuraLite air cleaner. I still don't know how it fit under the hood, but the truck runs alot better since its not struggling to get the air it needs.
Attached Thumbnails
Performance injectors?-0721091818-2-.jpg   Performance injectors?-truck3.jpg  

'93 F-250 XLT, 7.3l IDI, Regular Cab, Hypermax turbo, custom 4" intake, 3:55, 5 speed ZF. 194,000.
Now a Farm Truck
bbhb1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94extcabf250diesel View Post
also you can buy a K&N air filter for these non turbo trucks. peformance injectors aren;t going to make your truck run any better without a turbo tho.
I agree, I don't think performance injectors will do anything with the same old DB2 pump.
Plywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

what are a good tried and true injector? really don't want to replace them twice. should I have the new ones tested before Install. I also will be putting a new pump, plugs and controller at the same time so if I could I would like to upgrade them all to squeeze ever last bit of power out of it. Any thing else I am forgetting to look at or change while I am this far into it? currently even what seem like small inclines 35mph max. this is what the truckers look like when they pass me -->. Thanks

NO Turbo(wondering how hard and what the cost of adding one is?)

Last edited by nomoreleak; 12-17-2009 at 03:09 PM.
nomoreleak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 88beast
well you should test make a pop tester and see how they do
turbo kits are easy and cost 3-5k new
used turbos are ok and can be found pretty low 500 and up but make sure theres no play in the wheel

now for injectors bb codes will do fine they are stock and can be made pretty well
theres a thread on supertuning youre engine somewhere and its got some good ideas like all the same pop presure you can use some indivual ideas from that with out all the testing
i have a turbo setup without the up pipes if youre looking to buy its used and ill sell for the right price pm me if interested

7.3 idi t70, 3g, g31,

other mods, oba, warn winch, big steel goodies including a headache rack etc.

check out my site at http://ihiditech.comeze.com/
88beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 88beast
and another thing cold air intakes are nice that 4 inch is enough for the motor till you hit 3500 rpm or so i think
or you can do what i did and use a sbc style air cleaner with a 2.5 inch riser i used a 4 inch tall 14 inch filter i can get a part number if you want too

7.3 idi t70, 3g, g31,

other mods, oba, warn winch, big steel goodies including a headache rack etc.

check out my site at http://ihiditech.comeze.com/
88beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.