The Diesel Stop banner

Truck feels like its bouncing

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bill1013 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a 1993 F250 4x4. Runs like a top. But when I am going down the highway at higher speeds it feels like the rear end of the pickup is bouncing. its pretty strong. The seat next me can be sean shaking back and forth and when you talk it sound like someone is "patting" your back. Any ideas as to what might cause this?

#3 ·
I have a 94 F250 and the suspension can be a little stiff. I’d check tire pressures and see if anyone has added a leaf spring or two or helper springs. Also check to make sure the shocks aren’t seized.

#5 ·
It could be the belt(s) have let loose inside the tire. To check it out, rotate the tires and see if it goes to the front. Some knowledgeable tire shops can tell if that is the case. Usually a bulge is on the sidewall if the belt has broken loose. You probably have E rated tires, which would be hard to detect. Also a belt breaking loose will make the tire out of round. Thump thump thump.

Hard to tell, just a suggestion.

#7 ·
Rotate tire see if anything change but you'll probably need to get the tire balanced.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 · (Edited)
This may be hard to believe but it's true.
My 92 has been sitting around for years without being driven, maybe about 20 30 miles. Last Saturday I decided to look at the rear brakes as one was hanging up and would skid when braking. Drove it down the road about a mile as I couldn't remember which side was skidding. To my surprise the tires only had 20 PSI air pressure them. There E rated 235/75/16R, sure didn't look flat at all. Didn't get any bounce at all.
Reason for brake lockup. Hub bolts were all loose and one was broken.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.