The Diesel Stop banner

Turbo gasket/screen?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  snowturtle 
#1 ·
What is the 5" diameter screen that sits between the turbo and the round housing on top of the intake manifold? I can't find it on any parts lists. It got beat up when I took my stock turbo off to have it rebuilt. It looks like there may be some remnant of black foam on it too, but not much. Maybe it was just junk that got through the air filter over the years. It all fell down into the intake when I took the turbo off so I vacuumed it out. Do I need a gasket around that screen when I put it all back together? Can I just fix the screen up or do I need a new one if it is damaged?

#2 · (Edited)
The screen is part of the original intake manifold, it has nothing to do with the turbo system. Some brands of the turbo air filters came with foam on one side and some people's claim to fame was installing the filter upside down so the foam was quickly peeled off, sucked into the intake and ended up on the screen.

#3 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.