Vacuum Diagrams (alldatadiy.com) - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes) Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 7.3 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vacuum Diagrams (alldatadiy.com)

Has anyone use alldatadiy.com? I need REAL SPECIFIC vacuum diagrams for my 1989 Ford E250 XLT Sportwagon 7.3 IDI.

The auxiliary heater supply hose cutoff solenoid is vacuum controlled, and I cannot find the "inside" end. I do not want to pull the whole dash to find it. I doesn't seem to terminate into the heater control levers. I don't know where to look next, the vacuum bundle is tightly wrapped in tape and I can't see where it goes.

I also am having cruise control problems, which are not covered in any depth by the "dumb" manuals.

Is the subscription worth $25? Does it REALLY give me all the specific info I need? Anyone tried the serivice? Anyone have the Heat/AC vacuum system diagram?

zac
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (109)
Re: Vacuum Diagrams (alldatadiy.com)

Check out..... http://www.members.shaw.ca/k2pilot/ re the speed control.

Toys: 2006 37' Triple E Embassy coach (powered by Cummins), 18' Sylvan Pro Fish with Mariner motors.

Proud Canadian BOOB man too!!

Please PRIVATE MESSAGE only!! ...
Please DO NOT.....visitor message me...
cdnsarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I signed up for the service a few weeks ago. Mainly because I just bought my truck last month and haven't seen the printed manuals on Ebay yet. Compared to the printed versions I would have to say Alldata is horrible. I would take a Mitchell or Motor manual any day. To make matters worse, I signed up for 3 years to save a few pennies. UGH!!

You're better off going to Autozone.com and using their repair info area. It seems to give the same info and it's free.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (109)

From what I could find out today there are no vacuum lines to the rear.. everything is done from the dash. Really sketchy info though...

Toys: 2006 37' Triple E Embassy coach (powered by Cummins), 18' Sylvan Pro Fish with Mariner motors.

Proud Canadian BOOB man too!!

Please PRIVATE MESSAGE only!! ...
Please DO NOT.....visitor message me...
cdnsarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I joined alldatadiy for about an hour. Long enough to see that they don't have the diagram I want. I will say to their credit they gave me a prompt refund (or said they did).

This is my SPECIFIC problem; there is a vacuum-servo valve that cuts OFF the coolant flow to the rear heater core. I can't find what ACTUATES that valve.

I think its been bypassed and removed in my van, there is a brass "elbow" linking two vacuum lines together up behind the heat/ac control module. One vacuum line (small colored plastic) goes to the cutoff valve, the other (thicker black rubber) goes back into the engine compartment and then to nowhere.

I can't figure where is was originally supposed to go, and I can't figure what the "missing" part is, and how it was actuated from the controller.

I've closed the valve with a zip-tie which allows the AC core to cool the rear air (the heater always won) which I will clip in cold weather. However, I might fix this thing if I could figure it out.

Plus my cruise doesn't work in a halfarsed way (will keep a low speed, but not a high speed, like it can't get enough vacuum to pull the cable hard enough), which I suspect is a vacuum leak, not a totally broken thing. Maybe this hose goes in the missing port, or something.

Any clues are welcomed.

zac
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 7.3L IDI Diesels (Not Power Strokes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.