The Diesel Stop banner

1980-1990 f250 extended cab leg room ?!?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chuckster57 
#1 ·
looking to get a truck f250 6.9 idi or 7.3 idi but want to know what people think of the rear seat of the extended cab..... not going to be me 6'1" back there but my girlfriend 5'8" and/or the dogs when we take the boat to the lake about 30-45 minutes away... currently use a 2003 f150 v6 extend cab and its fine for the short trips and even a couple hours if you take a break or two. Thanks for the help sure want to get to knowing a diesel soon !!!

#2 · (Edited)
I think the 91's and earlier were all the same. You can fold the seat back down and then the bottom flips upside down and both form a big flat "platform" which is perfect for dogs, been doing that for 19 years. However in the seat position for humans it sucks compared to Chevy's of the same era. The seat bottoms are way to low except for very short trips. I can't remember if it was FoMoCo or an aftermarket company who came out with a good kit to raise the rear seat bottom to improve comfort. Whether it's available nowdays who knows?

#3 ·
I had an '86 F250 before the truck in sig, It was an extended cab. Three boys in car seats was a cramped fit! It was nice for groceries when I didn't have the camper shell on it. I personally wouldn't sit back there and I am 6'1"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.