1985 ford f250 6.9 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

6.9L Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 6.9 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1985 ford f250 6.9

Hi everyone I have a sweet old ford I bought a couple months ago and it really just seems to be week. This Is my first diesel truck so I don't really know anything about them. When I go up hills I lose speed and alot of power. Also if I'm parked on even the slightest uphill slope it will start and then sputter out. If I have to park on a hill i have to floor it for a couple seconds to get it running. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
Tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It sounds like to me it is sucking air in the fuel system somewhere. Check the hard metal lines going to the filter housing and the injector pump, the brass fittings have rubber gaskets in them that after time will get hard and crack. There is also a possibility the filter housing could be cracked and sucking air. After you address the sucking air problem and the truck still seems slow with no power, change the fuel filter, if that does not help change the injection pump and injectors. Good luck!
2001 F250 4X4 Lariat CC bought April 2011 185000 miles
farmtruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.