85 f350 blower wiring? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

6.9L Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 6.9 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
85 f350 blower wiring?

had some crazy mold smell and lack of blowing power so i took the blower under the hood out for a clean and dug about a 5 gallon bucket full of moldy wet leaves/pine needles/dirt out from the vents under the windshield wipers and down in front of the door panel. Lysoled everything out and buttoned everything all back up. Then i noticed the blower on the floor right above the passengers feet. i took that one out and noticed that there are 4 wires (3 or 4, i think it was 4) and only 1 was connected. after cleaning it all up and procrastinating for about a month i finally decided to put it back in today. red wire plugged back into what it was plugged into when i found it and i made a ground to the frame for the black one. when i turn the ignition on the blower blows like crazy and does not change no matter what position i have the climate settings at. took most of the dash apart trying to find where the other wires were suppose to go put cant for the life of me figure out how to get that climate box extracted from the dash. having that dash apart brought to my attention that someone has gotten creative with wiring back there. what a mess...

im sure i will have more questions but first things first. what is that blower on the floors purpose/how should it react in accordance with the climate control settings? Whats the trick to getting the climate control box out of the dash? My Chilton manual is letting me down on this one.

like i said, 1985 f350 crew cab 4x4 with ac (came with it but sadly it has been gutted from under the hood)

Thanks dudes!

Last edited by Vanzal15; 02-14-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Vanzal15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to stumiister
Sounds like the blower is only blowing on high, if it is factory A/C there is a blower motor resitor that maybe bad, the fan speed is seperate from the mode selector such as defrost, floor, dash.
If you have the fan speed on low does it work?
The mode selector work off of the vacuum system.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

The mode selector (ac, air, hot) seems to work because if i have it on hot it gets hot and if i have it on ac or air it is room temp. with the passenger floor fan not connected i can hear and feel the blowing speed increase and decrease as i change the speed. if i plug the passenger floor fan into that red wire it was plugged into and ground the black one then it blows on high (super high actually) no matter what mode or fan speed is selected. the only thing that stops it turning off the ignish.

the blower under the hood varies its speed by voltage (im assuming bc there is only one wire connected to it). the blower on the floor by the passengers side has 3 wires and a ground so im thinking it is hooked up to a different system... its not very consistent and it is confusing. maybe the 3 wires were for some option i dont have and so ford used the same blower and just varied its speed by varying the voltage through only one wire?
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.