C6 Pump Removal? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

6.9L Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 6.9 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 05:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CDX825 Send a message via Yahoo to CDX825
C6 Pump Removal?

Well Im stuck on this right now. That is I am wondering how you go about removing the front pump from the transmission. I pulled all the bolts out and its not wanting to move even the slightest. My buddy said he thought a couple of the bolt holes would be threaded with a biger thread to allow a bolt to thread in and push the pump out but I checked all the holes twice and dont see any threads. Thanks again!

1984 F250 6.9 C6 2WD Push Button Wellman GPs, No Soup bowl. Wix 33439 Water Separator, Carter P4594 fuel pump, Custom 3" Exhaust, NTZ Oil Bypass Filter, VDO Vision water temp gauge, ISSPRO EV Pyro

http://photobucket.com/CDX825
CDX825 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (39)
My manual says: after removing the front bolts, pry the gear train forward to push the pump out. In the picture they show the transmission upside down with the pan and valve-body removed and they are prying against the back edge of the opening.
Red 86 F250 Supercab XLT: Longbed, 6.9l, 4 speed with DNE-2 Overdrive, 2WD, 10.25 Sterling 4:11, Reclining Highback Captains chairs with arm-rest, Holly Red pump, push-button glowplugs, Racor 645 water separator with fuel heater, K&N Air Filter, Headlight Relay Upgrade, Fog Lights, lots of extra lights, Isspro EV series: Pyro, Oil Pressure, and Voltage in a Autometer 3 pod A-pillar. Bulldog Security System with remote entry. Offset Mirror Upgrade, Remote lube TOB. Road Watch System coming soon. PB PS PW PDL CC AC IW
BOOB man - Brotherhood of Oil Burners

1995 Toyota Camry DX: 2.2L, Bolt-action 5-speed, AC, PS, PB, CC.
135,016 miles: Rear-ended and totaled by an uninsured kid having a temper-tantrum
1999 Rav4 AWD 5-speed, AC, PS, PB, CC, Sunroof.
Joe Mc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Joe!

1984 F250 6.9 C6 2WD Push Button Wellman GPs, No Soup bowl. Wix 33439 Water Separator, Carter P4594 fuel pump, Custom 3" Exhaust, NTZ Oil Bypass Filter, VDO Vision water temp gauge, ISSPRO EV Pyro

Old 07-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Okay we got the pump out and opened it up to take a look and it looked ok but Im going to have it tested. Its looking like the converter may be the problem but I will not be sure till we test the pump. So if I need to get a new converter what stall would I need? Also is there anything special about the one for my transmission? My buddy swears the converter looks diffrent from those of other C6s.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (8)
When I did my C-6 swap, the only thing they told me was that the stock torque converter had only spot welds for the fins. I was also told that there is a HD model torque converter that has full welds for the fins and the fin angle was a little steeper.

My mech said the HD torque converter is a little over-kill and mostly for racers and beefed up motors pushing high horses. He said if I was pulling large heavy loads every day, on big hills, that I would consider an HD torque converter, but he thought the stock was sufficient.

I was also told that you don't want a higher stall as most of your power in a diesel is in the lower to mid range of the rpms.

Weather or not this is all true, I don't know?

87 ford f-350 cab-chassis dually. 2wd, 6.9, 3 speed C-6. 3 leaf helper springs, 11,000 gvwr, pintle/ball hitch, 6 pin round trailer connector (unhooked currently). Rear generic truck stop lights. Twin I beam front end with coil springs. Plow lights and switch to go from headlights to plow lights. 8.5 foot meyer diamond plow with central hydrolics. 8 foot rugby dump bed. 167,000 miles and still strong. Solid State Glow Plug Controller.
WhiteGardens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah Im not sure what the stock stall is being that its diesel. Anything to high means you will have to give it lots of throtle just to get rolling and thats no good. I see some guy is selling HD ones with 300-400 stall but thats going to be engaged at idle. Thats the lowest rated ones I have seen other than 1500 and that seems high to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.