Clear fuel line? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

6.9L Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 6.9 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clear fuel line?

ok guys im young and crazy so i had an idea i know you use clear fuel line to check for air leaks in the system im just wondering could this be left on permenatntly anound the injectors filter and such as kind of a just look to see if it good to go type deal. any suggestions
1988 f250 hd 7.3l idi c6 extra hd rebuild with superior shift kit and hd tq converter low gear set with 6 pinion planatary w/us gear aux tranny 20% od and 18000lbs gvwr trans cooler to keep ity cool. 3.80 gears 323,967 miles and going strong. aux coolant, trans filters. Running 70/40 mix wmo to diesel. Working on a propane injection system
donaldderby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
I'm sure it'd work just fine if you could find some fuel rated line. There is some stuff out there called Tygon that is designed to be use for small equipment fuel line...but I'm not sure if it'll resist diesel fuel.
1986 F250 2WD Super Cab XLT Lariat w/ 1996 front clip. Dually bed & van rearend (2" wider, allows spring clearance). 6.9 w/ approx 120,000mi. Banks non-wastegated turbo system, Wellman G088 glowplugs, Delphi BB injectors, Kenworth pyrometer, vac/boost gauge, electric water temp/oil psi/voltmeter mounted in dash. 3" Mandrel-bent open exhaust. C6 trans, 3.54 gears. Okiegringo idler pulley. R134a A/C conversion. WMO/diesel blend in one tank.
arthurgoboom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the help sir
1988 f250 hd 7.3l idi c6 extra hd rebuild with superior shift kit and hd tq converter low gear set with 6 pinion planatary w/us gear aux tranny 20% od and 18000lbs gvwr trans cooler to keep ity cool. 3.80 gears 323,967 miles and going strong. aux coolant, trans filters. Running 70/40 mix wmo to diesel. Working on a propane injection system
donaldderby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Send a message via AIM to VD350
Yep just make sure its fuel rated. Did it to my friend's 7.3l IDI for the return lines and it looks like a science experiment

www.Fordemblem.com
My Truck and My Yamaha Tri-Z
VD350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I burn waste veg oil and I use clear braided pvc hose from the hardware store as fuel line. It is not rated for fuel, but I've used it for over four years now with grease and diesel and it hasn't deterioriated.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kealan View Post
I burn waste veg oil and I use clear braided pvc hose from the hardware store as fuel line. It is not rated for fuel, but I've used it for over four years now with grease and diesel and it hasn't deterioriated.
i used the same stuff this winter and i couldnt get the hose clamp to get tight enough cuz the fuel line was so hard and stiff. sence it wasnt a good clamp i had a hell of a time kept getting air in my fuel lines. went back to 3/8 black fuel line. id like to go with something clear but i havent found anything that has worked. ive have B100 eat through most of them. or they get too hot and turn to limp noodles....
- 86 Ford F250 6.9 IH navistar non-turbo idi diesel 4x4 dana 60 rear w/ limited slip, dana 44 front wishbone style, w/ 3.55 gears, C-6 w/ oil coolers, manual walbro frb-13 fuel pump, manual wellman glow plugs, K&N air filter no soup bowl and a homemade cold air intake, 3 inch pipe, class 31 heavy duty tractor truck batterys, lots of real gauges.
big drippy - 86 Ford F350 4 door crew cab, long box, 7.3 Navistar IDI non-turbo diesel, 2wd Dana 70 dually rear with 4.88, c-6 w/coolers.
The Swan - 87 chipmore wood chipper chuck and duck old school style. vm motori sun 4505 3.9 air cooled non-turbo DI 4 cyl diesel, rockford pto.
skunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

never had that problem

PVC works good for me, sometimes I've softened it up with a torch a little bit. There are some nice little glass inline filters that you can see through for cheap. That would help you spot bubbles. I use one as a pre filter on my veg oil tank.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kealan View Post
PVC works good for me, sometimes I've softened it up with a torch a little bit.
works well for you in the winter too?
- 86 Ford F250 6.9 IH navistar non-turbo idi diesel 4x4 dana 60 rear w/ limited slip, dana 44 front wishbone style, w/ 3.55 gears, C-6 w/ oil coolers, manual walbro frb-13 fuel pump, manual wellman glow plugs, K&N air filter no soup bowl and a homemade cold air intake, 3 inch pipe, class 31 heavy duty tractor truck batterys, lots of real gauges.
big drippy - 86 Ford F350 4 door crew cab, long box, 7.3 Navistar IDI non-turbo diesel, 2wd Dana 70 dually rear with 4.88, c-6 w/coolers.
The Swan - 87 chipmore wood chipper chuck and duck old school style. vm motori sun 4505 3.9 air cooled non-turbo DI 4 cyl diesel, rockford pto.
skunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

florida

I live in florida, although I did spend a winter in salt lake city in the snow and it worked fine.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.