early 6.9 injector pump problems... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

6.9L Diesels Technical discussion of topics related to vehicles powered by the 6.9 Liter In-Direct Injection Navistar engines.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
early 6.9 injector pump problems...

Hello all,

Does anybody know if there is a early 6.9 injection pump rebuild kit available?
If so, how hard is it to do the job?

All help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: early 6.9 injector pump problems...

Rebuilding an IP is a job for a pro. Those things are about 1000 times more complicated than a four barrel carb.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes.. Nobody here will attempt to rebuild one. The clearances are less than 1/2 thousands and a flow meter bench is needed for recalibration. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
89 7.3 crewcab w/ Banks Sidewinder Wastegated Turbo. 4 inch straight piped. BTS E4OD trans with 2 extra gallons of ATF in a Mag Hy-Tec pan. Gear Vendors. Rodney Red custom aluminum radiator. Moose Pump with "G' injectors. Motor rebuilt with new after market ported heads. Mahle low comp pistons milled 12 thousands. Balanced to 1/4 to 1/3 gram. Lined bored. Block decked and sleeved on all 8. Shimed oil pump for higher pressure. Intake and exhaust logs ported too. Hypermax in shop waiting to be installed later....
icanfixall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (23)

Problem is, this is such a specialized device, that it truely requires specialized training and tools. For example, if your advance piston has the slightest slop in fit, it won't work. Rebuilders shine a light through the bore with the piston in it, and study it for many minutes trying to determine if the slightest bit of light is getting through. If it is, then the bore must be rebored and an oversized piston installed. This requires a lot of machining experience and precision equipment. I have a big Index brand 32" verical mill in my basement, and I know I would not be able to do this operation with the precision that is needed.
agnem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)

Believe us when we say, this is a job left to Superman or a professional in injector pumps.

You'll save alot of money and time just taking it to a good injection shop to have it rebuilt.

Seattle Injector here will rebuild a pump for the 6.9 for 500 bucks and turn it up a notch for you if you want.
The Green Monster: 2001 F250 Powerstroke, 2WD, ZF6 transmission. Bully Dog GT Tuner set in tow mode. MotorSilk boric oxide added to engine, transmission and diff. Showing 30mpg on the freeway running home brew biodiesel. NTZ 1/2 Micron bypass oil filter. Dieselsite coolant filter. 4" open turbo back exhaust. Ford AIS intake. Donaldson ELF7405 oil filter. Caterpillar ELC next on the list.
Spencnaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Ford Diesels > 6.9L Diesels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.