The Diesel Stop banner

Oil Pressure / new engine

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  FMCSMT 
#1 ·
3 days after delivery (late October) my 2017 6.7 had low oil pressure on a cold start. This was reported to the dealership and finally after several more times of reporting low oil pressure it resulted in a new engine. I would like to hear from anyone else that has had the problem.

#2 ·
Dealer is installing a new engine? How long with that take?

#3 ·
Ouch! Did you get a warning in the cluster?

Mine has been garaged, which so far has stayed above freezing, but no issues to speak of.

#7 ·
How long till Ford issues a recall???? Too many instances to be "isolated".

#8 ·
I don't have the FSA at the moment but I wonder if your VIN was even affected. I've performed that FSA on around 50 trucks and they all passed. I've spoken to techs at other dealers where they had one or two that failed the test and Ford wanted all IDS recordings sent to them. None of them got engines, engineering deemed the oil pressure build up time was acceptable and the trucks were released. But you do have to take into account things just break and unfortunately in the past few years there are more and more failures with low mileage on everything from Focus's to F-550's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.