4d55, 2.3l turbo diesel - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4d55, 2.3l turbo diesel

Hey everyone I figured I would introduce myself and truck, Its a 1988 Mighty Max 4x4 (same as the dodge d50) that was originally a 2.6l gasser that I converted to the 4d55 2.3 liter turbo diesel (100hp, 170 ft*lbf). I am still working on a few minor things such as, hooking up the tachometer, different fuel filter, timing belts, and some fuel lines that will withstand bio-dzl. I have been driving it for the past 7000 miles and am averaging around 27-30mpg.

I dunno why the pictures are not working but here is a link to them
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../mighty%20max/
beltowski86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: 4d55, 2.3l turbo diesel

Dang, sweet truck, I need one of those to run back and forth to school in!

1994.5 powerstroke F-350 Reg. Cab. 5 Speed 2WD DRW 4.10, Oxford White, Cab and Chassis converted to electric over hydraulic dump bed. Diy Aic, switched 10k mod, Diy exhaust brake, Autometer Boost and Pyro gauges. DIY tymar. 3" downpipe. No exhaust after downpipe Dp-tuner F5, No Start, Stock, 40 Tow, 80 Eco

1997 F-350, 2WD, 4.10, White, ZF5, CC, XLT, Downpipe, DP Tuner, No start, stock, 40 Tow, 80 Eco, 120 Race

2003 F-550, XLT CC 4wd, 4r100, Tuscany Automotive Starhauler Conversion. DP Tuner F5. 6.0 Trans cooler. DiPricol Optix Boost, EGT, Trans
lawnboy1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Exclamation Heeeelp with 4d55 head

Nice work on that motor i wish i could get all the black buildup off of my Ram-50's motor

seeing as u have some experience with this engine i would like to ask for some help with a problem i'm having with my 84 4d55.

When i got the truck (84 ram 50 TD) it needed a head gasket but still ran, so went to work on removing the head and stripped 2 head bolts in the process, well now i have ground the heads off of the bolts fully expecting the head to come loose, problem being: the head is stuck to the block even though there are no visible means of connection between them.

I am utterley Bamboozled at this, i have tryed everything i can think of to make it come loose, even to the point of taking an engine crane and pulling it slightly up while beating it with a rubber mallet.

also i would like to know 2 other little tidbits; what torque should i bring the bolts to if i ever solve this problem and get the gasket swapped, 2 where's a good place to find a timing belt for these motors seeing as it probly has never been changed and it has 130kmiles on it

If you can think of anything at all i would be very gratefull, as i am still stumped.

Last edited by ASimonsen; 12-10-2009 at 09:09 PM.
ASimonsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice work man. My kind of ride. I just cut loose a 1980 Audi 5000 diesel sedan that got 50 mpg plus on the hiway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.