The Diesel Stop banner

540B John Deere log skidder motor for a truck?

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Kaliburz 
#1 ·
This guy that my boss knows he is talking about junking out his skidder. I dont know what size the motor is but I'm guessing it is about 90hp. I thought it would be a good motor for one of his old trucks he has that is just a beater. Does anybody make a adapter plate for that motor or would a adapter off of a cummins work? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
What model skidder are you talking about? What model JD engine is it? What year skidder is it?

You need to provide more information than just what you have already.
For example the skidder using the 4-219 engine only has 55hp and the engine comes in two or three configurations - this is an old setup though.

J.

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
What model skidder are you talking about? What model JD engine is it? What year skidder is it?

You need to provide more information than just what you have already.
For example the skidder using the 4-219 engine only has 55hp and the engine comes in two or three configurations - this is an old setup though.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been working on a project to adapt a larger Deere Motor (300 hp) to put in an Fiat Allis hd21C. the typical Deere mount on the back contemplates a torque tube slipping over the flywheel, but
the engine that I acquired for th project came with a DEERE furnished adapter converting the back of the engine to a standard SAE #1 bell houseing.

If you look at my webpage HD21C and scroll down toward the bottom you can see what the raw engine looks like and what the adapter looks like.

for the job I was doing I had to make a spacer to go between the adapter and the back of the engine. Otherwise there wasn't clearnace for some of the stuff on the front of the converter.

bottom line--- I would check with Deere Industrial engines to see if
they have the adapter for that engine--- they certainly made one for this engine. The block is on this engine is a structural block that they use in a variety of their larger farm tractors.

#5 ·
Ah....diesel swaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.