6.0L to 6.7L Swap - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0L to 6.7L Swap

Has anyone thought about this? Anyone heard rumors of Ford offering a 6.7L "crate" motor?
AndrewCJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have heard that some dealers don't even have oil filters for the 6.7 yet..... I highly doubt your going to see a crate engine any time soon.....
robman7835 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Why would you want too??? Most who swap out a 6.0 go to a Cummins as there are several companies that build conversion kits. The 6.0 was not really a bad engine but does have problems that can be fixed with readily available aftermarket parts.

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wayyy to many parts to swap, and way too expensive. A Ford reman 6.0 alone is almost 10K. Putting a 5.9 in would be the way to do if you were looking to some sort of conversion.

OR

I can sell you a Ford Racing supercharged 5.4 DOHC . OK its a gasser, but it makes over 1000hp at the wheels

Call us at 1-800-328-9552, be sure to mention this website when calling.
OR check out our website http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

Check out Ford's website as well!
http://www.fordparts.com/autonationfordwhitebearlake

I'll meet or beat anyone's price on Ford OEM parts
TousleyParts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
I would do a cummins swap as well not only because of preferance, but to avoid dealing with emissions equipment as well. I think you are supposed to keep all emissions equipment intact when swapping in newer motors, but not sure.

It might be cheaper and way easier to just purchase a new truck with the 6.7 then swapping over.
Past trucks: 07 F-350 xlt 6.0 PSD LB CC SRW 4x4, black on tan, A/T, 5" exhaust w/4" downpipe, SCT livewire Traded in 04 F-250 xlt 6.0 PSD SB extcab 4x4, 6spd, all stock and 97 F-250HD xlt 7.3 PSD extcab LB 4x4, 5spd, Superchips tuner, 4" turbo back exaust, K&N CAI, 02 intercooler installed, Sold
fireguywtc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I would do another 6.0

like this one:
03-07 6.0L BLACK MAMBA POWERSTROKE CRATE MOTOR 425HP - Detailed info for 03-07 6.0L BLACK MAMBA POWERSTROKE CRATE MOTOR 425HP,diesel crate motor POWERSTROKE,03-07 6.0L BLACK MAMBA POWERSTROKE CRATE MOTOR 425HP,60CR420 on Alibaba.com
CAMPINGTOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
Gen.Comment...you can swap out for any engine, even one that didn't come with oem smog equipt. Hang up is VIN# & DMW cause s.check will still be required if registered in area/county that require's um.

If I could drag my house a few miles down road, next county has no gas/diesel smog check's. Many cars/trucks commute into our area from "no smog check county" I guess they don't pollute the air?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well....I kind of view the cummins swap akin to putting a 454 in '69 Stang that blew its 428 Super Cobra Jet motor...it may not be to this level of heresy but it just doesn't feel right to me. I know, I know...big-rigs don't align with powerplants (Cat, Detroit, Cummins), and we all like to think we drive "big-rigs", but really, come on guys...also I am still a badge loyal kind of guy. Also, the cummins swaps use the older tech diesels...I like the 6.7L "green" factor, quiet factor, and pure Ford factor. Anyway, I am just daydreaming, my 6.0L only has 60K on it, and as long as I can keep my cool with its quarks (damn ICP/IPR), the 6.0L will be around for a while...but...if the a crate motor does come out...it would start to make me drool!
35" MT ATZ's, Dana 60 frt, 4.30 gears, ARB's, 18" 2004 KR wheels, Dyna-trac ProSteer Ball Joints, 2" PMF spring hangers, V/B-Code springs, PMF Traction Blocks, PowerSlot Cryos, CTPerformance valved Bilsteins-dual frts/single rears, ProComp wFox dual steering stabs, Icon adj track bar, 2008 TT Power Fold/Ext mirrors, 1000 Watts of "stealth" Boston Acoustics power, BA drivers, JL Audio SL13.5 Sub, Rockford 360.2 digital sound processor, SecondSkin Audio DampPro and LuxLinerPro sounddeading, F650 2-hole dash with custom switch panel and integrated CB, Painless Performance 20 circut aux fuse panel and relays, 4x2 rear glass gas struts(they really do help!), Kussman bumper mounted block heater plug, Prodigy P3 brake controller, DC Power XP270 AMP alternator, ISSPro Performax gauges, DieselSite Coolant Filter, blue spring upgrade, 4" Silverline, SCT, ARPs, EGRx, DPC Triple, PowerMax, Optimas, Atomic LED cab lights
AndrewCJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Although I would normally agree on the whole mixing of Ford, Chevy, Dodge thing, in this case I agree with the others. It's just not the same.

Also IMO it would be a huge waste of money as that 6.7 is probably three times what you could pick up a common rail Cummins for.

I have looked into doing an engine swap for our truck but every time I come back to it, it just doesn't make financial sense to dump 8 grand into a 13 year old truck with near 200k miles on it. Better off to just buy a new or newer truck.
Mag-Hytec trans pan, 08 Diff cover.
2" leveling kit. RS9000 Shocks. B&W Turnover Ball/ Companion Hitch. Airlift 5000 airbags.
LineX, 20% tint, Weathertech liners.

2012 Heartland Sundance 3100RB 5th wheel. 36' @ 12k pounds.
468LC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.