95 international 4700 T444e no start - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

General Diesel Discussion about diesels in general. All brands are welcome, please refrain from brand wars. Discussions about types of diesel fuel also go here.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 95 international 4700 T444e no start

Hi everyone I have a 95 4700 bucket truck and it cranks at 200rpm,with oil press seen after 1 or2 revs i need a dtc code list as I retreved many off of dash flash. and also a wiring schematic will be helpful as some under dash doesnt look original. glow plug relay is bad but I bypassed it for 12sec and still not even a sputter I am only cranking for 10 to 20 seconds that starter looks pricey,any help will be greatly appreciated,thanks,Paul
paul goodman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

u need more then 12 sec on the glow plugs, try about 30
1987 F-250 XLT lariet 6.9L [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] 3.55 limited slip, 4 speed, auto meter pyro, Napa water temp and oil pressure, 344,460KM on her. Injector pump rebiult at 255,000 KM Here are some pics of her
budtoh3zo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thancks I will try again to minana the plugs go from 10 -120 seconds depending on oil temp and baro (altitude) its in san antonio and it was 95 deg F. didnt wont to burn them out I jumped the test light to the diconnected glow plug harnass hooked up to the valve covers and they are pulling amps so unless one is shorted to ground they are working tomorrow I'll ohme them individually at valve cover if longer activation still has no start
Old 05-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (10)
Paul - With a 95 deg ambient the T444E should start right up without the glow plugs. I'd concentrate on decoding DTC's you've recorded and quit messing with the GP's before you burn 'em out!

Incidentally are you seeing white exhaust during cranking? If not you've got a fuel delivery problem. ...FB

My other diesel ride: The "Collosus of Roads": '79 Kenworth K100, tandem axle, 27' dovetail flatbed, NTC290 Cummins, 15 speed Roadranger.

Old tractors: '53 Farmall Super M, '53 Farmall Super H, '47 Minneapolis-Moline UTU.

My stuff
FarmallBobM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks bob I lost link to get back to this site, I have no white smoke and no diesel smell on crank,I have these dtc codes off of dash light;
I have 30-40psi oilpress (dash gauge) 200+/-rpm,have fuel at filter,HPOP resevoir is full,oil is full,colent is full,but by passed coolent resevoir sen. any way, has steering asist during crank,(HPOP) POWERS BRAKES AND STERRING,HAVE BATT VOLT. AT IPR ONE LEAD AND OTER HAS 2000 OHMS OFF GROUND,I HAVENT LISTEN FOR INJECTOR BUZZ AS i AM BY MYSELF WILL GET A REMOTE STARTER SWITCH AND TRY TOMMORROW.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Paul - A quick online search for "T444E diagnostic code" turned up the following code definitions:

541 - EDM toggle feedback not detected by ECM
544 - Injector fault in bank 2
221 - SCCS switch or circuit fault
244 - Engine-transmission data line CCC fault
615 - Programmable parameter KAM corrupt fault

I'm not familar with most of the acronyms in these codes - though I believe ECM is the engine control module and SCCS relates to cruise control/PTO speed control.

However based on the definitions and on your observation some of the underdash wiring looks cobbed, it suggests to me the root cause is an electrical problem somewhere between the dash, engine, transmission and their respective control modules.

Ahhh....for a return to the days of mechanical fuel injection(!)

My other diesel ride: The "Collosus of Roads": '79 Kenworth K100, tandem axle, 27' dovetail flatbed, NTC290 Cummins, 15 speed Roadranger.

Old tractors: '53 Farmall Super M, '53 Farmall Super H, '47 Minneapolis-Moline UTU.

My stuff
Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

thanks bob where did you find these I been on here for three days on and off, I think
EDM is injector driver module I had a ghost open wire on starter signal from ignition to fire wall but not on the first day it was the next day and i ran a jumper wire back probed into wire 17 pink and then it would crank where can I get a book and what is the easyest book to follow my e-mail is goodmantreescapes@hotmail.com thanks again,
Paul
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Oh I think KAM is KEEP ALIVE MEMORY my friend tryed to scan with his heavy truck scanner and he only got the 244 code and it would go blank when we would crank could this be voltage dropping from starter it sure spins over good though I am stumped,and a few more trips out there I could have paid the 300 wreker,thanks Paul
Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Paul - I found the list of T444E fault codes definitions here: International

Unfortunately there's no detail beyond the somewhat cryptic code definitions. And I have no maintenance literature for the T444E to further decypher 'em.

From your brief description however it sounds like there's one or more intermittent open circuit situations that are the cause of your "no start" problems. And they can be a bugger indeed to locate and correct...

My stuff
Old 06-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have had lots of truck with the kam failure code that ran fine, you need to borrow an IDM from anther IHC or ford, that is most likely the problem
cbunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

THANK YOU FarmalBobM so much for the code index it was what i needed notice the little i. It LIVES !! , IT WAS THREE PROBLEMS ,
(1)KAM code CAUSED BY IN-SUFFECIENT VOLTAGE DURING CRANK (this is why my frinds scan tool would go blankety when we would crank it, never thougt to do a volt drop test wile cranking,
KAM led me to idm/edm test and I found out that the EDM (INJECTOR DRIVER MODUAL)
needs 10.5 volts minimum to fire the injectors.
FIX ON CONTESTANT #1 was load test and replaced one batt and re charge the other batts were 1 year old and nappa and they charged,tested,and replaced all free of charge, still no start
(2) code 244 was why i didnt have crank and i had a jummper wire to out side fire wall pink #17 ( was rat chewed harness at selection switch on side of tranny, spliced and still NO START... but at least I had non jerri-riged crank signal(with out jumper wire)
(3) back to the edm(ford calls it the IDM) because the bucket is equiped with remote start/stop and throttle control there is a large gage un marked white wire under dash that I was not sure what it went to so I ohmed it to ground and it was 45ohms so i traced it back to the EDM and felt safe that it was supposed to be a ground it had been stripped back like as if had been in a crimp conector, any way, i grounded it, cycled the gauges and about crudd my pants, it didnt crank over even 1 rev. and it was running. Thanks Again FARMALLBOBM sorry for the schoolgirl chatter but this has been a week in a hot south tex parking lot 95+ ambient also thanks cbunting that was my next thought i was going to cll my friend and get his IDM , damn RATS ATE GREASE DIRT AND ALL. I dont think the rats did the mess under the dash it was shoty i still have to go back and solder and srink rap a lot of patching so that this sort of thing doesnt happen down the road, some one should sticky FarmallBobm thread on the international site for codes they would help me at santex in ternational in san antonio,note the lower case,

Last edited by paul goodman; 06-03-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > General Diesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.